map sensor

MUDWHISTLE

Diesel Lover
Reaction score
Has anyone ever checked the signal voltage from the map sensor to the pcm? if so what is the range? I checked mine and at 0 psi to 25psi my signal voltage stays right at 2.35 volts I'm thinking that I have a problem and need some input. thanks in advance, Lee:thanks

Patrick Feeley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The signal produced is actually a variable frequency signal vice a varying voltage. I can probably locate the frequency versus pressure specs if you want them. Cheers!

Added in edit:
CONNECTOR VOLTAGE CHECKS
(CHECK WITH SENSOR CONNECTOR DISCONNECTED AND IGNITION KEY ON)

Test Points Spec. Comments

A (GR/R) to Grd 0-.25 volts If greater than .25 volts signal wire is shorted to VREF or battery.

B (BR/W) to Grd 5 volts +/- .5 VREF signal, should be 5 volts +/- 0.5.

C (LG/BK) to Grd 5 volts +/- .5 Signal line is pulled up to 5 volts +/- 0.5 volts when disconnected from sensor.

Last edited:

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
Hmmmmm.................

MAP Manifold Absolute Pressure Sensor
Strategy and feedback input. The PCM monitors manifold pressure to control fuel delivery in order to minimize smoke. It also optimizes injection timing for detected boost. It also monitors boost to limit fuel delivery to control maximum turbo boost. Frequency output: 111Hz = 14.7 psi, 130Hz = 20 psi, 167Hz = 30 psi.

:thumbs

MUDWHISTLE

Diesel Lover
Reaction score
So the map can control timing too then, correct? rich and I were chatting about the studdering/blubbering problem i have had for the last 60,000 miles and he thought maybe the map could be the cause but i don't really want to just buy a map and throw it on there and not have it fix it. any one have a link on strategy of the map? also with zero boost i would think that the signal should be lower then 2.35 volts and it shout rise as the boost comes up, right?

94f450sd

certified nutjob
Reaction score
mud,if you want i will overnight my MAP sensor to you to try.if it works go buy a MAP and send mine back overnite.

MUDWHISTLE

Diesel Lover
Reaction score
HMMMM I just measured the voltage and found that the

Green and red had 5 volts when unplugged and the key on.

brown/white has 5 with the key on

The grey/red has nothing other then around 17.0 milivolts. also it is light grey with red.

Thanks rich i might have you do that is your map grey or the black one? mine is grey IIRC that is the correct one.

94f450sd

certified nutjob
Reaction score
mine is black i believe.i think the black one is the correct sensor but unsure,but still my truck runs perfect when it runs :D

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14