map sensor

MUDWHISTLE

Diesel Lover
Reaction score
Patrick Feeley said:
The signal produced is actually a variable frequency signal vice a varying voltage. I can probably locate the frequency versus pressure specs if you want them. Cheers!

Added in edit:

So according to this that PF posted the green wire is shorted to battery somewhere. what is VREF?

94f450sd

certified nutjob
Reaction score
voltage reference.i believe that is the wire that carries the signal to the PCM.

now for a dumb question.as always im gonna ask when the last oil change was and then how many quarts of oil did you dump in her?

MUDWHISTLE

Diesel Lover
Reaction score
About 500 miles ago and it was around 14 quarts, brought her up the full level where it always stays for the 2500 to 3000 miles between changes. I never have to add even a quart.

94f450sd

certified nutjob
Reaction score
ok just wanted to make sure you used the correct amount of oil as some PSDs have the wrong dipstick

LIGHT TRUCK: 1994 F SUPER DUTY, F-250, F-350

ISSUE:
Some vehicles may exhibit one or more of the following concerns:

Rough idle
Poor Performance
Lack/loss of power
Stalling
Misses
Bucking/jerking
Hesitation/stumble
These symptoms may be caused by the oil dipstick being inaccurate in its readings. A low oil level in the oil pan and quality of oil being used can cause the oil to aerate. This aeration has been determined to affect the way the engine performs.

ACTION:
Replace the oil dipstick with the new 14 quart dipstick and add the required oil to reduce the possibility of oil aeration. Refer to the following Service Procedure for details.

SERVICE PROCEDURE
Ensure engine is at normal operating temperature.
Remove the old oil dipstick and replace it with the new dipstick (F4TZ-6750-E).
Park the vehicle on a level surface, turn off the engine and open the hood. Allow at least 20 minutes after engine shutdown to assure that all of the oil has returned to the oil pan.
Carefully remove the dipstick and wipe it clean. Reinsert dipstick fully and remove again.
Read the oil level on both sides of the dipstick and use the highest reading for actual engine oil level.
Add the required amount of oil to reach the "FULL" mark on the new dipstick.
NOTE: 15W40 OIL THAT MEETS THE CF-4, MACK E-OL, AND SG/SH SPECIFICATIONS IS REQUIRED FOR USE WITH THIS ENGINE. ALTHOUGH OTHER OILS MEET THESE SPECIFICATIONS, THE MOTORCRAFT 15W40 WITH THE BLACK LID IS RECOMMENDED FOR ITS SUPERIOR AERATION QUALITY CHARACTERISTICS.

PART NUMBER PART NAME
F4TZ-6750-E Oil Dipstick

goldhilljoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mud-I had a similiar problem with my 95. Drove me nuts-replaced lots of sensors/components. In neutral mine would actually BACKfire at over 2200RPM`s and in 1st gear would blubber and SMOKE blue at over 2200 turns. So I never would wind it up in 1st of N and just deceided to live with it cause otherwise ran great/good MPG`s. My last mod was the(DIY) IDM=====no more blubbering etc... I am not saying that will cure your problem BUT it worked for me. You might try swaping IDM`s or mod yours??????????

highfive

USMC HMH-465 88-94
Reaction score
Mud,

Here is a frequency chart for the map

This was from a while ago in the Forums.

original email you sent me...
> > > > > 0psi 109hz 0.861v
> > > > > 5 119 1.03
> > > > > 10 130 1.55
> > > > > 15 152 1.99
> > > > > 20 170 2.50
> > > > > 25 185 3.00
> > > > > 30 ??? 3.53 "

HOpe it helps, swapping with a known good is easiest way to tell.

Joe, haven't seen you around in a while. getting washed away yet?
Dean

MUDWHISTLE

Diesel Lover
Reaction score
goldhilljoe said:
Mud-I had a similiar problem with my 95. Drove me nuts-replaced lots of sensors/components. In neutral mine would actually BACKfire at over 2200RPM`s and in 1st gear would blubber and SMOKE blue at over 2200 turns. So I never would wind it up in 1st of N and just deceided to live with it cause otherwise ran great/good MPG`s. My last mod was the(DIY) IDM=====no more blubbering etc... I am not saying that will cure your problem BUT it worked for me. You might try swaping IDM`s or mod yours??????????

I have had mine do that a couple times too. I have changed the IDM out since the original one went bad. and when I tried to dot he mod on the old one it did not go so well. any ideas on a place to take the idm to have the mod done? I have the resistors

94f450sd

certified nutjob
Reaction score
is this truck your only vehicle?or can you be without it for a couple days.if you like you can send the IDM to me and ill do the mod for you.i have done a couple with great results.

MUDWHISTLE

Diesel Lover
Reaction score
highfive said:
Mud,

Here is a frequency chart for the map

This was from a while ago in the Forums.

original email you sent me...
> > > > > 0psi 109hz 0.861v
> > > > > 5 119 1.03
> > > > > 10 130 1.55
> > > > > 15 152 1.99
> > > > > 20 170 2.50
> > > > > 25 185 3.00
> > > > > 30 ??? 3.53

HOpe it helps, swapping with a known good is easiest way to tell.

Joe, haven't seen you around in a while. getting washed away yet?
Dean

so according to this my pcm would be reading around 20 psi.

Highfive hows that frontend working? I finally couldn't take the rough ride and bought a set of positive arched F350 springs, Much better, sits higher too. Don't happen to know where I can find the F350 tie rod and drag link do yah?:dunno

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14