Member help network ideas?

jvencius

Full Access Member
Reaction score
95_stroker said:
Heres a scenario from a situation that arose from a help board such as we are suggesting, how do we protect ourselves from getting burned in a situation like this?

I don't know that there's really a way to protect ourselves from unscrupulous (sp?) folks like that, but the idealist in me would like to think that for every one person who would betray the trust of someone as in the example you cited, there are ten who wouldn't do such a thing.

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm not so sure, in the world today, we can protect ourselves from anything. But I think there are alot of REAL GOOD folks out there. Alot more good folks, than bad.

Big Joe
South Central Cal, half way between I-5 & SR-99. If yer within 100 miles of me, and need help, Call me, I.D. yourself with yer SDD User Name... I'd be glad to help.

559-707-5758 (cell)
Work 559-998-3045

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
well if big joe and JV can do it

Robert
Huntsville Alabama, not to far from I-65
256 527 2046 Cell
press 1 for english at the prompt :roflmao :roflmao

Frankenstien

Frankestien
Reaction score
Well. what the hey...

If yer a SDD, Or a NWPS or A NWFD guy... ya got Coverage from So. Canada (Washington Border) To West Idaho, to Portland... Only thing I ask for is Fuel re-embursment..

Home 253-891-9342
Cel 253-332-2504

Robert

Perhaps may not be a bad Idea to make a catagorie for each state.. then we could migrate this info in to each sub catagorie..

Tail_Gunner

CRJ & ERJ A&P Mech.
Reaction score
Rex-a-FORD said:
The SDD Frappr map might be good to include.

http://www.frappr.com/superdutydieselandexcursiondiesels

It might be helpful to get everyone registered there as well.

I like the map thing. Someone over at TDS tried it a while ago. But because it was a separate website, a bunch of idiots started posting ficticious persons on the map and it eventually became a bunch of garbage and subsequently deleted.

A better map would be something within the confines of this forum where we know only members could be shown on the map. It would keep "riff raff" out.

Rex-a-FORD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep, I hadn't thought about others screwing up the map.........

If no map, then the help network listing should be grouped/sorted by state to make it easier to find help, if/when needed.

Still think it's a great idea...................

Tail_Gunner

CRJ & ERJ A&P Mech.
Reaction score
Rex-a-FORD said:
Still think it's a great idea...................

I agree!!!:sweet :sweet

We'd just would have to figure out how to keep it from getting hi-jacked by idiots. If we could figure that part out, a map would be :clap: :tu: ;tu :bootyshak

Frankenstien

Frankestien
Reaction score
On our NWFD Site we have a "Members only Forum" You have to have a log in credentials... not a complete stop gap from crumbs but if it takes effort, they may bypass.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
F350 On Track