Merry Christmas To Me, Merry Christmas To Me

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
The tailgate with the step is $600.00?? I'm looking at one w/out the step so I didn't see that option. I want a plain 8" bed so I can get a spray in liner. 600.00 seems a little steep.

Let me clarify. I have an '04 SD and put on an '08 non-step tailgate.

They are 2 diff. complete assemblies.

To put them together from the stand point of adding the tailgate to a truck, costs more than the actual option if you were ordering a new 2008 SD.

I think the option on the build sheet is actually just under 400.00

but like anything, if you go to ordering it seperate, it cost more.

the step part alone list for over 400.00 and the handle was over 100.00

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
man more power to ya...theyre nice trucks and they
seem to have handled the <market> LAUNCH in near perfect
manner.

the problems seem few and far between...id love to have one
but i dont want a payment...all ours are free and clear now and
were lovin' it.

the thing that scares me the most 'bout 'em is the MPG.

its impossible for me to justify...weve got more truck than we
really need now....and if i get a company car (and all the fuel i
can burn) itll be tough not to sell my 2004 !

You said it All, BP.

But, for the First Time, in a Long Time, We OWN all our vehicles, including the RV.

Kinda Funny: The other nite, we were out doing some shopping. We stopped at a loong red light, right next to the local Rip OFF FORD Stealer's lot.

Right There.. Up on a display stand/ramp thingy, was a bright shinny new, Blue, King Ranch 4X4, Ex Cab, F-350 Diesel.

Wife was reading something, but with out even looking up..she mumbled: DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT IT ?.. AND LOOK THE OTHER WAY.

Light changed, we went on our way.

Guess that means there isn't a NEW truck in the near future(?), for me ? Was that a Sign ?;) :rolleyes: :)

Last edited:

powerstrokeguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
their very nice trucks indeed. i actually heard the fuel mileage is gettin better. word is job 3 trucks will have a different program, which should bring em up a couple mpg. i actually heard the single wheels are gettin pretty decent fule mileage. and also all vehicles are discounted now. this is the best time to buy a truck. they pay a big penalty at the beginning of the year if they dont sell enough thae previous year. lovely taxes. im looking now for that very reason. should be able to get about 10 grand or more off now.

02SilverStroke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
their very nice trucks indeed. i actually heard the fuel mileage is gettin better. word is job 3 trucks will have a different program, which should bring em up a couple mpg. i actually heard the single wheels are gettin pretty decent fule mileage. and also all vehicles are discounted now. this is the best time to buy a truck. they pay a big penalty at the beginning of the year if they dont sell enough thae previous year. lovely taxes. im looking now for that very reason. should be able to get about 10 grand or more off now.

When I saw the article, I was going to post it as a new thread but here it is: PickupTruck.com - Job Three 2008 Super Dutys Get Fuel Economy Improvements. Looks like Ford "agreed with me" regarding the 3.55 axle. I had thought all along that the 3.55 would help the economy.

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
really its a no brainer that the 3.55 would improve mpg...seems like a bit
of a band-aide though.

imo, for most of us the 3.73 runs the rpms just past the rpm/mpg
sweet spot (1800ish)....bummer that the 3.55 isnt offered as a limited slip.

wish there had been a 3.55 option on mine !

tomball ford is moving some SERIOUS numbers...5th dealer (in truck sales)
in the nation for the month of december !

Last edited:

02SilverStroke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
tomball ford is moving some SERIOUS numbers...5th dealer (in truck sales)
in the nation for the month of december !

I heard earlier today that Five Star Ford in North Richland Hills (near Ft. Worth) is the number one Ford dealer in Texas and the number 4 Ford dealer in the US. They are one of eight Ford dealers in Tarrant County, and sold 41% of all new Fords in the county. I also heard that the Dallas-Ft. Worth auto dealers, on average, had some record numbers recently.

powerstrokeguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I heard earlier today that Five Star Ford in North Richland Hills (near Ft. Worth) is the number one Ford dealer in Texas and the number 4 Ford dealer in the US. They are one of eight Ford dealers in Tarrant County, and sold 41% of all new Fords in the county. I also heard that the Dallas-Ft. Worth auto dealers, on average, had some record numbers recently.

yes they are, they have some great discounts. i almost bought an 08 there had one little ding on it from hail. they had 11000 off the sticker. kinda wish i woulda jumped on it. :doh:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Romie64