Merry Christmas To Me, Merry Christmas To Me

apextrans

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

This is my first post here. Been pretty active at OB but wanted some info on the 6.4's. I know car hauling has slowed some up here & figured it was a ploy when I saw the thread!!! Sorry 'bout stealing yer old avatar Bama, but it was too cool to pass up.

So what's the verdict on the 6.4 & the 450's? I'm looking at them because I've been offered some hauling work I can't do with the conventional car haulers & to pull the fiver around. I drove an 05 the other day that beat me too death. Is the 08 any better?

towcat

mouse hunter
Reaction score
hmmm.....
I see your turn to the darkside is now complete......:rant
Hope your next ride will treat you better tho.
If you're going in headfirst, you minus well take a look at the f550 with the 19k gvw option. you'll get a gross combined of 32k iirc.

Last edited:

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
Welcome Scott!! Youve been a member for nearly 3 years, bout darn time you posted here.

apextrans

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Must have just signed up & forgot about it as I was only an IDI "THUG" back then:tounge! So is this the reason the SD forums on OB seem to be sluggish sometimes, everybody is here?

I was just curious if this new motor was getting the bad rap the new 6.0's did in the beginning & how the 450 rode with the longer rear leafs. I'm talking thru my pooper @ this point as I would need to put somebody in my Pete before I could even consider stepping into something like this.

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
So is this the reason the SD forums on OB seem to be sluggish sometimes, everybody is here?

Actually, most of the users here arent members at OB, theres a few go-betweens but for the most part there arent many shared users. There just arent alot of SD drivers especially 6.0/6.4 members there.

I was just curious if this new motor was getting the bad rap the new 6.0's did in the beginning & how the 450 rode with the longer rear leafs. I'm talking thru my pooper @ this point as I would need to put somebody in my Pete before I could even consider stepping into something like this.

As far as a bad rap with the 6.4, it appears that Ford and Navistar did a little more homework this time around and the problems that plagued the 6.0 arent an issue with the newer platform. Not to say that there havent been 6.4 lemons as I am sure there have been, it just seems that there isnt near the issues we have seen previously.

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
Hey guys,

This is my first post here. Been pretty active at OB but wanted some info on the 6.4's. I know car hauling has slowed some up here & figured it was a ploy when I saw the thread!!! Sorry 'bout stealing yer old avatar Bama, but it was too cool to pass up.

So what's the verdict on the 6.4 & the 450's? I'm looking at them because I've been offered some hauling work I can't do with the conventional car haulers & to pull the fiver around. I drove an 05 the other day that beat me too death. Is the 08 any better?

Hey Scott, bout time you showed up over here at SDD. The avatar is all yours bud, (cause I stole it from someone else on ebay too :sly )

When I test drove the 450 in this thread, it really suprised me..................and man that truck would turn on a dime.

It really rode good too. If you get one, I would definately have the 4:30 gears in the rearend tho.

Glad to see another car hauler over here too, it was gettin lonely :rolleyes:

apextrans

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome guys. Wouldn't want you to be the only carhauler over here. Not to highjack the thread, but looks like a new Pete in the avatar. Got one of the last pre-emission trucks coming & should be here 2nd week in Feb. Carterbilt rack & Cottrell 7512 MST. You wanna buy an 05 Pete / Carterbilt / Cottrell? I need it gone quick.:sly I'm looking into the 450's to pull a wedge & RV's. I was thinking about a 53' wedge. Would the 4.30's still give a decent amount of low end grunt to get that moving without a struggle?

I rode thru the local ferd stealership to see what they had. 58,000 for a king ranch 450:eek: :eek:

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome guys. Wouldn't want you to be the only carhauler over here. Not to highjack the thread, but looks like a new Pete in the avatar. Got one of the last pre-emission trucks coming & should be here 2nd week in Feb. Carterbilt rack & Cottrell 7512 MST. You wanna buy an 05 Pete / Carterbilt / Cottrell? I need it gone quick.:sly I'm looking into the 450's to pull a wedge & RV's. I was thinking about a 53' wedge. Would the 4.30's still give a decent amount of low end grunt to get that moving without a struggle?

I rode thru the local ferd stealership to see what they had. 58,000 for a king ranch 450:eek: :eek:

Yep, thats our new "parkin' lot" Scott. Cottrell 3 car headramp and the model C-10LT A/B Highside Stack trailer that has the front post forward design.

If you look HERE, you can see some more pics of it.

You will also noticed that it is truly a "Crimson Tide Edition" Pete. :sweet

apextrans

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Sweet ride man. I've never seen anybody use the ladder though:clap: (better smiley's here)

What is a "Crimson Tide Edition?

Back to the topic sort of, what else is different about a king ranch as opposed to a lariat?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rhensonsr