Missing/no power

BDJack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah I handled the drop tests JL, after some searching:cool:

Took out the ipr, cleaned it up, and checked resistance of coil. One of the O-Rings was leaking a bit, and the oil in my HPOP seemed a bit low, which may be the problem, or may be indicative of one of the injector O-Rings leaking oil into my valve covers.

Soooo, getting new O-rings for IPR, putting it back in, filling HPOP and see what happens!!

BDJack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So this really sucks. I have had zero luck. Refilled HPOP, IPR tested well, still no start. Getting a code reader on it tomorrow. At a loss.:dunno

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
So this really sucks. I have had zero luck. Refilled HPOP, IPR tested well, still no start. Getting a code reader on it tomorrow. At a loss.:dunno

does it blow a wad of white/grayish smoke?

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
remember the glow plug I had photographs of?
2 bad ones kept my hog from starting w/o being plugged in...
last summer, a bad relay kept it from starting in 60 deg weather...
I think I'd do a little more checking before I dumped $400 bucks in an IDM.. not saying it isn't bad, but I'd exhaust all other avenues first.

BDJack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
remember the glow plug I had photographs of?
2 bad ones kept my hog from starting w/o being plugged in...
last summer, a bad relay kept it from starting in 60 deg weather...
I think I'd do a little more checking before I dumped $400 bucks in an IDM.. not saying it isn't bad, but I'd exhaust all other avenues first.

HAHA, you are kidding right? This thread is 75+ posts long for a reason. Those have already been eliminated, with help from you, Big Joe, and DaveBen! Thanks Again!:cool:
That $$$$ is why I am waiting a couple days for a known good one to check before I buy one:D
Also that is the code(s) the scanner threw!

bigrigr

Real trks hv 3 pdls
Reaction score
Did we ever clear up the low voltage problem at the batt side of the gpr? If you don't have the same voltage at this terminal, as the batts do, you have a voltage "drop" problem. YOu have to have 12.5 volts in the batts sitting there not running, and you have to have the same at the solenoid terminal. Sorry it's taken me so long to get back at this.

BDJack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did we ever clear up the low voltage problem at the batt side of the gpr? If you don't have the same voltage at this terminal, as the batts do, you have a voltage "drop" problem. YOu have to have 12.5 volts in the batts sitting there not running, and you have to have the same at the solenoid terminal. Sorry it's taken me so long to get back at this.

We did, but i also saw on the ford tech manual, that it only "needs" 11 volts to start.
Thanks for coming back though, help is always welcome...

Still waiting on that test module...

iracemine

black and tan
Reaction score
WOW. at this point anyone new needs a recap to filter out all the failed attempts (parts swapped), and exact info like fuel psi, oil psi, outside temp, "plugged in/or not", how much time till the baby is due.....

loving the how to on the voltage drop test.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14