Modified a vehicle today

ktpauley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Absolutly nothing happened to them. We were told that he is one of the untouchables (he has been here a long time) so its not his fualt and therefor must be our fault. There will be an investigation to find out what we did wrong.

Serriously.

Take the idiot out behind the shop, and introduce him to a good old fashioned butt whooping. :thumbs Keith

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Absolutly nothing happened to them. We were told that he is one of the untouchables (he has been here a long time) so its not his fualt and therefor must be our fault. There will be an investigation to find out what we did wrong.

Serriously.

Well.. I can see that Somethings Never Change, even after 30 years. "The UnTouchables". I remember them Well.

I can tell by your Post, you know how the (padded) Investigation will go. Closing statement something like:

Vehicle/Equipment Damage: Maxx Traxx Vehicle was consumed by fire and considered a total loss.

Probable Cause: Equipment age, Modifications and remote location Maintenance procedures.

Injuries to personel: Commensurate with the Operators Skill, Knowledge, Experience and use of Situational Awareness, NO personal injuries were incurred.

Post incident corrective action: None

;) :roflmao :roflmao

Last edited:

Mike K

يساعد المعركة لحرية
Reaction score
I have a pretty good feeling that is how it is giong to go. They have tasked me to try and fix the problem. I am a heavy equipment mechanic (i mostly work on the large CAT equipment) but becuase i like fords so much, and therefor probably know more about them then most of the guys in the shop, they picked me to do it. I have started with installing a 100-230* gauge in the F550 to see what kind of temps we are actually making and when.

We dont even have any kind of programmer to plug into the OBDII for anything newer then 2000 so i cant even look at that :(

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a pretty good feeling that is how it is giong to go. They have tasked me to try and fix the problem. I am a heavy equipment mechanic (i mostly work on the large CAT equipment) but becuase i like fords so much, and therefor probably know more about them then most of the guys in the shop, they picked me to do it. I have started with installing a 100-230* gauge in the F550 to see what kind of temps we are actually making and when.

We don't even have any kind of programmer to plug into the OBDII for anything newer then 2000 so i cant even look at that :(

Well good on ya Mike. Shows what the Powers that Be think of your expertize. Good place to start too. A REAL gauge that shows REAL TEMPS.

Do those things have any kind of Governor on'm ? MPH or RPM ? I know "Shut Down" things would be out of the question cuz of maybe getting Stranded away from Mac Town with maybe a N0 START after Shut Down.. But it seems like there oda be some way of hookn up a buzzer or light or BOTH for overspeed or temps. The Horn comes to mind :dunno

Joe

Mike K

يساعد المعركة لحرية
Reaction score
autoenginuity from itpdiesel a necessary investment for ANY shop.

EXACTLY!! as soon as i found out we didnt have anything i sent them a link to the website. My last job just got the program as i was leaving so i never really got a chance to play around on it. I may even get it for myself, i already have the laptop in my truck w/laptop mount for GPS :sweet

Mike K

يساعد المعركة لحرية
Reaction score
Well good on ya Mike. Shows what the Powers that Be think of your expertize. Good place to start too. A REAL gauge that shows REAL TEMPS.

Do those things have any kind of Governor on'm ? MPH or RPM ? I know "Shut Down" things would be out of the question cuz of maybe getting Stranded away from Mac Town with maybe a N0 START after Shut Down.. But it seems like there oda be some way of hookn up a buzzer or light or BOTH for overspeed or temps. The Horn comes to mind :dunno

Joe

No govenor, they are only supposed to go 10mph around town (on the rocks) and up to 20mph on the snow/ice. I do think a light would be best, like you said you wouldnt want the engine dieing on them... and besides having the engine go from full load to completely off probably isnt very good anyway.

And the horn idea isnt a very good one.... they would be turning it in for a fualty horn :tounge

Tbar

SDD STAFF/Moderator
Reaction score
I would be HIGHLY tempted to wire in an engine shutdown switch when the tranny temp reaches a certain temp...........:dunno

For real basic industrial style gauges see the following. This company also makes some nice digital integrated panels too.

Wire one of these into the transmission.

20 T & 25T Series

If you want wire one of these into the oil pressure

20P & 25P Series

Connect both gauges to this mini siren/alarm......will be loud enough in the cab the driver will want to bail out........lol

TL7 & SAH Series

If you think the driver is deaf/dumb go ahead and wire in the shut down switch.

http://www.fwmurphy.com/pdf/M-6797B.pdf

Tbar

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hear ya Mike.. Basically a NO WIN situation. We tried several things to keep "THEM" from tearing things up but to No Avail, most of the time. Personal Accountability was the answer, IMO. But you know that aint guna happen.

But with what happened here, maybe some Safety driven limitations could be recommended ? Cover yerself with paper.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14