Modified a vehicle today

fordtrucker4life!

I work with waste
Reaction score
I hear ya Mike.. Basically a NO WIN situation. We tried several things to keep "THEM" from tearing things up but to No Avail, most of the time. Personal Accountability was the answer, IMO. But you know that aint guna happen.

I have found that placing limitations on whatever it may be will help to keep critical components in operation. I have an industrial vacuum loader that has a huge blower to create suction. It is critical that RPMs never go over 1,800 on the truck, but there was a flaw in the throttle cable. It was not limited, allowing for more RPM's causing catastrophic failure (it blew up). So $20,000 later I figured out that setting a bolt for a stop on the throttle cable works just fine. In your case, there are limitations that can be put in place, as far as engine shut down and ect.

Mike K

يساعد المعركة لحرية
Reaction score
I agree, thanks for the link Tbar, we already have some equipment with the murphy switch style systems on them.... cant be much different then what you are linking to.

Tbar

SDD STAFF/Moderator
Reaction score
I have found that placing limitations on whatever it may be will help to keep critical components in operation. I have an industrial vacuum loader that has a huge blower to create suction. It is critical that RPMs never go over 1,800 on the truck, but there was a flaw in the throttle cable. It was not limited, allowing for more RPM's causing catastrophic failure (it blew up). So $20,000 later I figured out that setting a bolt for a stop on the throttle cable works just fine. In your case, there are limitations that can be put in place, as far as engine shut down and ect.

One of these might be a solution........

SHD30/SHD30-45

Tbar

F350DRW1

Waylon Fan
Reaction score
So let me get this straight..."they" hire someone...you put them in a vehicle...they destroy it...and YOUR accountable???:roflmao

ktpauley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is the USARPs ( Us Scientists Attempting Rediculious Projects) for you.

Mike use one of those Muphy gauges and wire a line directly to the driver's seat. When the trans temp gets to a preset temp the driver gets shocked in the Arse. :roflmao It would be funny to watch the driver's reaction the first time that happens.

It don't know, but all we had for trucks was Fords with 300 I6 in them. No Mattracks. To get in the snow we used a Sprite or the baby trotter.

Keith

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So let me get this straight..."they" hire someone...you put them in a vehicle...they destroy it...and YOUR accountable???:roflmao

Mike K won't be held accountable. But on thing's fer sure "they" won't be held accountable either.

"They" arent Hired, for the most part. Most of them are there on a Scientific Grant, or Program of some sort.

Unfortunate things happen. This may be one of those incidents. The Maxx Traxx was 7 years old, and so on. Who Knows ? Mike has been tasked with takeing a look, gathering some data and reporting it all..

We'll see.:dunno

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14