mods done

nascar_fan28

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well my truck is running awesome. got the river city egr delete on, and coolant filter on. truck is very responsive, and pulls hard. and delete didnt even throw a code... im very excited...:)

nascar_fan28

Full Access Member
Reaction score
stock. i was gonna get a sct x3 to clear the engine light.. but the egr didnt trigger any lights, so i dont think im gonna get it. it runs great stock just 4inch dual exhaust egr delete and coolant filter only engine mods done too it. runs to awesome to screw with tuner. i would love to, but maybe after i hit 200,000 im half way there

6.0PSD777

Full Access Member
Reaction score
runs to awesome to screw with tuner

Thats the way i feel about mine - Engineered to be left alone. I am very impressed by the amount of power they have stock, Was next to some kids my age the other day in a ricer at a light, I had the plow on and sand bags in the bed, loved seeing their faces when they tried to take off on me and i hung right with them :D

atk

Reaction score
stock. i was gonna get a sct x3 to clear the engine light.. but the egr didnt trigger any lights, so i dont think im gonna get it. it runs great stock just 4inch dual exhaust egr delete and coolant filter only engine mods done too it. runs to awesome to screw with tuner. i would love to, but maybe after i hit 200,000 im half way there

did you check for codes???? still can set a code and not turn CEL on....

nascar_fan28

Full Access Member
Reaction score
haha.. yeah truck loaded still pulls good... yeah i figured if hooked somthing too it, it would find somthing, but no annoying light. i cant wait to cut open my first filter and see the junk it picked up

fordoor

SDD Member
Reaction score
well my truck is running awesome. got the river city egr delete on, and coolant filter on. truck is very responsive, and pulls hard. and delete didnt even throw a code... im very excited...:)
Glad to hear this Nascar Fan. I just ordered a RCD delete kit. Did you do the work yourself? Wondering if it's a good idea to remove entire intake manifold while I'm into it and flush and polish up as good as possible. Or a waste of time & money? I've got 100k miles on the clock now.

nascar_fan28

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have 97,000 i did the work myself. i didnt take it all the way off, it was dirty but not real bad. with all the wire harnesses hooked to it, i didnt want to screw up any of that trying to get it out.

fordoor

SDD Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I hear you. I didn't want to get in over my head. Maybe after the delete install we just run the heck out of it and it will clean itself up a bit. I've read on a post before that the dealers have an intake cleaning procedure, I'm going to try and find that or call the dealer and see what it entails.

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
That reminds me of the old days when we would feed a Coke Bottle of water into a running, hot, engine to clean the combustion chambers. Seemed to work. Blew a lot of vapors and smoke.

Dave :D

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58