mods done

fordoor

SDD Member
Reaction score
That reminds me of the old days when we would feed a Coke Bottle of water into a running, hot, engine to clean the combustion chambers. Seemed to work. Blew a lot of vapors and smoke.

Dave :D
I've got a hunch that it's probably something similar to that with some kind of product or another and then charge an enormous amount for. I'd like to find out if it works and is it something we can do ourselves. Anybody know? :dunno

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
I would NEVER do, as I described above, to any modern engine!! We did this stuff to carbureted engines of the 50's and 60's.

Dave

fordoor

SDD Member
Reaction score
Thanks Dave, I wasn't getting ready to fill up my Coke bottle here, don't worry. I was looking for some direction on a purported intake refurbishing/flush/clean, what ever they may call it. And it's not just cleaning and vacumning the egr valve hole in intake manifold that I'm talking about. And done of course without removing the manifold. Again.... does anybody have info. about this?

fordoor

SDD Member
Reaction score
It's on it's way! When it does arrive I'm not sure when I'll be able to get to it. I use truck for Buss. and I recently just sold my F-150 back up truck. Any words of wisdom are certainly welcome. Does it come w/ good pictured instructions?

nascar_fan28

Full Access Member
Reaction score
instructions are ok. but you need to know what your looking at theirs like 2 or 3 black and white pictures that kinda confuse you more then help. not sure if the manifold changed in 05 or what but it looked different in their pictures. i would loosen both drivers side and passenger side up pipes at the manifolds, think they just say passenger, this will help you line up the up pipes to turbo at end. you need to seat the up pipes into the turbo, dont expect the band clap to suck them together, because it wont. i broke one ha. you'll need a few different sized extensions and flexible sockets, and wrenches. some bolts are in tight spots. the bolts on passenger side manifold will be easy to get at. but drivers side is burried. dont un do all the wiring harneses, just try to work around them. oh and biggest thing i found out after i did mine. take the passenger side fender plastic off. it takes like 15 mins and you can get too the lower up pipe bolts and the higher bolts. youll just need about 1 1/2 feet of extension on your socket ha. but way easier then laying on the engine and reaching to the back of the engine. its kinda a pain but worth it. well my truck is running awesome. im doing a mpg run gonna see if i see an improvment

fordoor

SDD Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the tips! I hope you see a significant mpg improvement; let us all know.

rustinh1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm excited to hear what happens with the EGR delete. That's the next step on my truck as it's well out of warranty and I'm tired of dealing with the valve!

nascar_fan28

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yep ill let ya guys know the mpg. im working outa town so all highway miles ive gone 160 miles and still hasnt hit 1/4 tank mark i figure it i get 300 miles at half tank im in the 18 - 20 range i have 36 gallon tank i believe on full size bed

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58