mods done

fordoor

SDD Member
Reaction score
Well, the Harley truck is in the shop....

My mechanic just sent me this picture....

Yikes!

Now that's really looking under the hood.:D I wonder if they do the engine work directly under cab, or move it ahead for safety? Did he mention how long it took to get the cab in the air for that pic.?

rustinh1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
He does it either way. On mine, he'll likely just do the work under the cab.

John had the cab off and fluids all drained in right at 2 hours yesterday. He plans to have the heads off, egr system off, and oil cooler off today as well as get the studs in, new gaskets on and the heads sitting on the studs. He's hoping to have it buttoned up tomorrow afternoon and be waiting on the tuner. It should arrive today and I'll be uploading the tunes from Eric at Innovative this evening.

Originally he was going to do the job without pulling the cab, but he found the famed bed plate leak while he was checking it over and decided it would be easier to just pull the cab.

fordoor

SDD Member
Reaction score
Congtrat.'s, sounds like you have a great mechanic there. Two hours to get cab in the air is outstanding!!!

rustinh1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks. He's done all of my 6.0 work on the last 6 trucks. The plan is to hold onto this one unless someone offers me so much for it that I just can't deny selling it!

I'm really excited to get it back, driving dad's truck this week is humbling.... :D

But, at least I'm still driving a powerstroke!

rustinh1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Today's D-day for me. Going to pick the truck up this evening. I just talked to my tech and he said all is well with it! I can't wait to get back in my truck! Then, it will be receiving tunes from Eric at Innovative in the morning! Woohoo!

fordoor

SDD Member
Reaction score
Now you can "Drive it like you stole it" and not worry; except getting a ticket of course! Have fun!!

rustinh1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I definitely plan on it! Thanks! It's been about a year and a half since I've had a studded, egr deleted, Tuned 6.0.....way too long!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58