MPG question

lanceparker

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, was wondering what everyones fuel mileage was looking like. Currently I am getting between 11-12.6 mpg and that is with a heavy mixture of city and highway driving with and without pulling a trailer. The truck is a 06 F-350 PSD SRW SWB FX4 Lariat Crew Cab leveled with 35's. I get somewhere in that range constantly no matter if and what setting I put my SCT xcal2 tuner on. There are no other mods on the truck, are these numbers right? Is there anything that I can do to increase these. I know with my tuner I can get a custom tune loaded onto it but I don't know where to send it to have that done or if it would make any difference to my fuel mileage.

Thanks all.

whipittire

Full Access Member
Reaction score
lance, mpg comes up alot. mainly because it sucks. my 450 ,although i just bought it , is only gettig 10 mpg. i hope it gets better with more miles on the odometer but i love it just the same:clap:

GO BIG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Getting just under 17 around town and 18.5 on long trips on the freeway. No tune. Get about the same with the high power and tow on the sct. Cat helped hoping the zoodad gets me over 18 around town.

lanceparker

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Yeah I have heard the new 450 as well as the new body style 350 with the 6.4 were getting around 10 and that does suck. I bought this truck right about a month ago and I got out of a 03 Duramax, when I first bought the duramax I was getting 14 mpg stock and once I put a super chips programmer I was getting between 16-18 and now I am only getting 12, the best I have gotten in this truck was in the 14's and I can't blame it on driving style because that definitely hasn't changed from the last truck to this one. So I was just wondering if there was anyway to get back to say in 14's every tank?

GO BIG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Taking the catalytic converter out picked me up about a mpg and helped spool the turbo a bit faster. There is another mod called a zoodad mod that cuts a square out of the front shroud the helps create a "ram air" effect when at speed. Helping MPGs. Every little mod helps in the overall result but there are diminishing returns when stacking mods.
And traffic helps.. I go from 16 MPG driving 80 to 18 MPG when driving 65-70.

gunman41mag

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I drive a 1999 F250 7.3 PSD 2WD SC long-bed, I'm getting 15.5 MPG, I'm looking to get a new 2008 F250 6.4 PSD 4X4, But I don't want to get only 12 MPG, I check-out the DODGE 2500 mega-cag 6.7 diesel 4X4 and it's only getting 16 MPG. The DPF is going to have to come off the truck!!! My only other option is to buy a 2007 truck!!!

no-red 6 0

Senioritis
Reaction score
Hey guys, was wondering what everyones fuel mileage was looking like. Currently I am getting between 11-12.6 mpg and that is with a heavy mixture of city and highway driving with and without pulling a trailer. The truck is a 06 F-350 PSD SRW SWB FX4 Lariat Crew Cab leveled with 35's. I get somewhere in that range constantly no matter if and what setting I put my SCT xcal2 tuner on. There are no other mods on the truck, are these numbers right? Is there anything that I can do to increase these. I know with my tuner I can get a custom tune loaded onto it but I don't know where to send it to have that done or if it would make any difference to my fuel mileage.

Thanks all.

'03-12.718
'04-12.750
'05-11.528
'06-11.976
'07-10.582

all on a yearly average...towing/plowing/hiway driving....on a side note; 06 limited towing and 07 hardly any towing

Maxtor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lance;
Your mpg seems very low. Some of us are getting 17-19 mpg at cruise. I have been getting 18.5 average at 70 mph since I bought the truck. My truck is stock from the factory with no mods. I think we who have manual transmissions get about 1-2 mpg better than the automatics. Allot depends on how you drive the truck.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58