my 2007 6.4 twin turbo

Status
Not open for further replies.

99_psd

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Man that engine looks hella complicated! and since when do diesel manufacturers start caring about emmisions?

Powersmokin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I kinda figured the numbers on this thing would be higher. the new duramax puts out 360 with 650 ftlbs. I figured this motor would blow that out of the water. and i have heard rumblings that the new cummins has over 700 ftlbs of tourque which would put the new stroker on the bottom of the poll :dunno

Powersmokin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Kinda what i thought but if i remember right ISB is the code usually used on the engines in the 3/4 ton and 1 ton trucks. The other engines are probably for construction equipment that guys like me get to operate :sweet Plus id love to see the dodge 3/4 and 1 ton trannies hold up to that whether it be auto or stick.

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
Agreed, the ISB is the plant that gets dropped into the light duty trucks for Dodge, also the report you linked above was a mid Feb release date, HERE is the latest press release as of yesterday, 3/1/06.

Powersmokin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hmmm i just cant see cummins coming out with a motor that will be bottom of the totem pole. Doesnt the current cummins have 325 for horsepower? plus thats near the same size as a dmax and look what its puttin out. who knows though :dunno

twildman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
socodieselpower said:
i would have to say that there is not a chrysler built tranny that will hold the torque
True, but I bet a german built one will.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Romie64