My svo kit coming

bbressler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got the vegmax, the kit that's got two filters, the billet slug, a hotfox, and a FPHE...

Happy is just a bit south of Amarillo....

6LMonster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My dad is running the Nomad kit from Golden Fuel Systems (it was greasel back when he got it) on his '97 F-350. Has 40,000 miles on that kit.

I am running my own system! Just a tank heater and a heated second filter.

Last edited:

hheynow

Señor Aceite de Soja
Reaction score
I hope you two guys go with 1/2" ID coolant loop hose. I went with 3/8" but if I were to do it again I go 1/2". I can't stress the NEED for two more gauges, one for coolant (water) and one for vegoil. Mine's named SOYL. :D I can highly recommend Stewart Warner mechanical water gauges. I have two. See photo. These gauges are far more important for running vegoil than the standard pyro, boost & tranny.

bears4x4

grease monkey
Reaction score
would reg water temp gauges work, for this as well right?

how about a oil pressure gauge for the veggie side for a fuel pressure gauge ?

Last edited:

hheynow

Señor Aceite de Soja
Reaction score
which gauges do you have for what

and how did you hook them up in your set up?????:D

Top gauge is coolant. The gauge sender tee is in my dieselsite coolant filter loop.

out port near t-stat -> gauge sender tee -> diesel site coolant filter -> return to degas bottle

I see no reason why the coolant gauge sender can't be in your vegoil coolant loop. It was just convienient for me to use the dieselsite coolant filter loop as it has been there for years.

Bottom gauge is for vegoil. Gauge sender tee is after my Vegtherm Mega, just inches from the OEM fuel pump inlet.

Any thoughts about mechanical vs electrical?
Would reg water temp gauges work, for this as well right?
How about a oil pressure gauge for the veggie side for a fuel pressure gauge ?

My pyro, boost & tranny are electrical and the Isspro EV series. They are fine for those three. That's not what we're talking about.

Those two in my photo ARE regular water gauges. It was only because the temp range was also suited to vegoil that I use it too. At first I had Cyberdyne electrical gauges for water and vegoil, but they were junk so I tossed them. I like the mechanical gauges I have because they will indicate the temp with the key off and you'll never be chasing a bad ground. I don't feel the need for a fuel pressure gauge. Wisdom dictates that a fuel pressure gauge in the cab is a bad idea. Hooking one up to the schrader valve with fuel injection hose and mounting it under the hood is something I can agree with, but not needed. What I do find extremely important is to have a vacuum gauge on the vegoil filter since the first stage of our fuel pumps work on suction. The 99+ Super Duties have an electrical fuel pump working on pressure so theirs is a bit different. With the aluminum billet you won't be using the stock fuel filters any more so your rear filter housing should have its own vacuum gauge.

bears4x4

grease monkey
Reaction score
:( i haven't gotten my kit yet,

thanks
great info on the gauges

hummmmmmm pations is not a virtue i have:lmao

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads