My svo kit coming

bears4x4

grease monkey
Reaction score
questions for you (hheynow) what your name, and how do you have your set up done on your truck.

I think my vormax is at fedex but i missed them today, maybe tommorrow :)

hheynow

Señor Aceite de Soja
Reaction score
My friends call me Señor Aceite de Soja but you may call me sir. :lmao

hot fox -> vormax -> pollak valve -> flat plate heat exchanger -> vetherm mega -> vegoil gauge sender tee -> 26 micron post filter -> mini ball valve -> fuel pump.

Remember that our (Mine & Ben's) fuel systems are a bit different than yours and we have two stock tanks.

hheynow

Señor Aceite de Soja
Reaction score
Ben & Chris so you guys are converting this weekend? :dunno
Haven't heard a peep in days so I guess you're both full of grease and diesel fuel :D and are mounting your components :sly.

bears4x4

grease monkey
Reaction score
im in the process of installing, but i may not finish today :( crap always seems to come up but its going good so far :)

bbressler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just got the rest of my stuff today...but I seem to be missing a few small parts....like the coolant T's, the brass fuel & coolant connectors for the filters, etc. I had planned on getting bigger T's to run 1/2 coolant hose, so that's not a big deal. I'm planning on installing mine this Friday, Sat & Sunday...got other stuff I've got to do on all three days, but maybe I'll be able to whip it out over the course of those...

Richard -- did you replace your entire run of fuel line with rubber? One of the missing pieces was the stuff to tie back into the stock fuel lines, so I may go that route as well. Can you post pictures of how you routed fuel line from the vegtherm to the rest of the engine? I'm still a bit fuzzy on that part...

Thanks, guys.

hheynow

Señor Aceite de Soja
Reaction score
Richard -- did you replace your entire run of fuel line with rubber? One of the missing pieces was the stuff to tie back into the stock fuel lines, so I may go that route as well. Can you post pictures of how you routed fuel line from the vegtherm to the rest of the engine? I'm still a bit fuzzy on that part.

RUBBER AND bioD DON'T GET ALONG AT ALL! I RUN B99 IN REAR TANK.
Coolant loop is 100% Gates XL rubber heater hose
Fuel lines were 100% replaced with J30R9 fuel injection hose in 3/8".
J30R9 is about $4/ft at AutoZone.
It's bioD compatible and can take heat >300*F.

Photos to be attached later today. Good move going to 1/2" ID coolant hose. Many use two brass 1/2" tees with three hose barbs each but getting the right size in plastic is far cheaper. Convenience is why I went with 3/8" because that was what was included in the kit.

hheynow

Señor Aceite de Soja
Reaction score
Do these help? I'm a bit embarrassed at the grime on my FPHE. I have a slow drip at top right fuel in. I need to fix it. :D The teflon paste will be replaced with permatex. That's a 12v pad heater on my Vormax for max heat on the filter for better fuel flow. So each heater core hose has a tee. Hot out heater core hose comes from the head then through tee to hotfox to FPHE to Vormax and back through return hose to return tee.

IMG_0772.jpg

IMG_0771.jpg

Last edited:

hheynow

Señor Aceite de Soja
Reaction score
So after the Pollak valve (which was installed in the same location as the removed OEM switch valve) are the two thin steel lines that run up to engine. I bypassed the steel supply line because it's not insulated. So at the FPHE fuel out I connected a very long length of J30R9 that runs forward then up driver's fender and comes up near the brake booster. It is fed through the engine lift loop then around the bend to the vegtherm, temp sender, post filter, ball valve then right down to fuel in at fuel pump. I removed the stock hose (from the steel supply line to fuel pump) and pushed the supply line out of the way for my J30R9 and hose clamp to fuel pump in. I slid a 5 foot length of heater core hose over the fuel line and pushed it rearward. This is a protective sleeve for safety and abrasion. This protective hose begins at FPHE fuel out and ends under my Tymar but the fuel hose continues as described above. The steel return line I left intact and the Pollak return fuel port is looped through the frame rail in above post and goes back to Vormax vegoil in.

Last edited:

bbressler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
RUBBER AND bioD DON'T GET ALONG AT ALL! I RUN B99 IN REAR TANK.

I said rubber, but meant what you said :sly

I got four plastic elbows that I'm assuming go with the FPHE...any thoughts on the use of plastic there?

Pics helped a lot....I'm trying to gather the hose & stuff tomorrow so I'll be ready Friday night....

hheynow

Señor Aceite de Soja
Reaction score
How hot is are your plastic fittings rated? The FPHE gets to almost 200*F. If you look closely at my FPHE the top two brass fittings have a green slime and the bottom two don't. WVO and copper don't mix so the green is the oxidized copper in the brass. The bottom two are the coolant and are fine with brass. I'm serious thinking of upgrading some brass fittings to stainless steel especially those. Cheap SS fittings! . Do it right the first time.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14