My tranny is toast

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
hheynow said:
If I wanted to spend $3,800 and was close to BTS...nuff said! The shop uses the PDQ brand (see my signature) and I opted for their heaviest duty E4OD TC. If my truck was MUCH younger I may have considered a BTS.
BTS isnt the only game in town and they dont use their own TC's anyway. They go to an outside source for TC's. You too can do the same. I bought and installed a good TC for about 400 dollars.

hheynow

Señor Aceite de Soja
Reaction score
Mike, Although it's too late for me 'cause it has already been ordered, what brand and model? I hope to archive this thread in 100K. :cool: :D

BJS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
it's in his sig line, Ultimate converter concepts in CT.

I'm running the same thing that i got through Jon (richter69)

Darth_Stroker

Dark Lord of the Sith
Reaction score
Didn't lukecline have to go to a PI stallion because he kept tearing up the single disc TC's that jon originally put in(don't know what brand just seem to remember reading about his tranny woes)? In defense of the single disc luke is runnin' stage 3's. :eek:
maybe luke will chime in.

BJS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I thought luke was running a setup from zebrucks, or something like that in Kansas city and that's what he tore up and he just replaced it with one of jon's transmissions but not sure which converter went in it this time. But he's down rebuilding his engine now.

Darth_Stroker

Dark Lord of the Sith
Reaction score
I may be wrong but even after jon re-did his tranny I believe he toasted a couple of single disc TC's before going with his current PI stallion. maybe he'll chime in and set us straight.

alan

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
Luke is running one of Jon's trannys, I dont know what he is using for a TC though?

lukecline

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I shelled zruebeks shortly after install of stage 3's, turns out it was pretty much a stock rebuild jon cant figure out how it lasted as long as it did. Now im running one of Jon Faubion's "richter69" trannys. Yes i smoked one of his tranny/ tc's, he rebuilt the tranny and upgraded a few more things and was still slipping the tc. I got truck back to him before it did any internal damage to the tranny, he did mroe tests and ended up coming to the conclusion that the single disk tc wasnt up to par for that kinda hp. I am now running a PI from BTS :), thanks brian! I now have one badazz tranny, the truck flat out hauls. Kinda scary when you nail it on the on ramp at 40 mph, tc locks and the tires start spinning:eek:. Yes the engine broke on the way home from jons, i think i pushed it a little hard killing a hopped up 3rd gen dodge. Oh well its only money right?:confused:

Luke

Last edited:

hheynow

Señor Aceite de Soja
Reaction score
:drive

From toast to terrific! :thumbs

I have to return to their shop in two weeks for a final checkup...then the chip goes in.

Last edited:

KCIservices

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
well guys i just got mine back from tranny shop i just burnt my second tc in a month they done pump mods sonnex and all the other upgrades he could but the converter just isnt holding i know the manufacturer of it isnt happy w me though

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
castellscl