My tranny is toast

hheynow

Señor Aceite de Soja
Reaction score
Crumm said:
I was checking your signature to see what mods you do have and spotted the ZooDad Mod. I got to thinking that I had never heard of the ZooDad for a 97' so I clicked it.:roflmao

I glued a shop vac nozzle to the inside of the center cutout of my bumper (a perfect fit!) then attached the matching hose, snaked it through a gap on driver's side of radiator (no drilling) then up to under my Tymar. It's tie wrapped so it won't shift. In rainy weather I disconnect the hose from the nozzle. Presto! :sweet The photo represents a breath of fresh air. :D

Last edited:

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
Now that you have guages Richard, you should do a test with your version of the zoodad. Find a good stretch of road and drive it with it hooked up vs. not hooked up, see what your EGT's do. :sweet

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
hheynow said:
Good idea Mike. I'll report back later with the results.
:thumbs

Cool, this is somthing I have been kicking around doing, it'll be nice to have some concrete information.

hheynow

Señor Aceite de Soja
Reaction score
aim300x said:
HHEYNOW did you notice any performance difference with this http://www.dieselsite.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=186 , I heard it could give more power and wondered if you felt a difference? Some say it can give better mileage too?
I'm looking forward to your zoodad results also.

I've had the 203* t-stat for so long now I really can't remember how poorly the stock one was. What I do remember though is the stock one never allowed my engine to drive warm however the dummy dash temp gauge is useless. Had I installed a calibrated water temp gauge I could have given you some hard numbers. However, IMO it's a great item and I recommend it for all those with the new design (mid-'96 and newer) water pump.

I did the ZooDad mod primarily for hot summer driving when the under hood temps are way above ambient temps. It allows much cooler air to the Tymar, but I just installed gauges recently so I have no data from the past summers. We're in the midst of a bad rainy season so I drive with the hose disconnected from the nozzle. Once we have our first hot spell later this year I will give it a good test and will post the results. Stay tuned!

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
castellscl