need help deciding lift and tires

Friis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Definately wait and get what you want. You get what you pay for. My 05 rides awsome and would drive cross country its so smooth. 8in lift, 37x13.50 Toyos on 22in XDs

Which kind of lift do you have, lomac?

Last edited:

RICKF92592

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Please don't flame me but I'm curious why such a high lift?
Is it unique usage for your area? (Mud, etc.) Looks? Combo of both?
Not calling into question your decision, just curious.
I ask as someone who's pretty involved in off-road racing.

I agree to save your nickels and do it right, you'll remember the handling and ride long after you forget the price.

lomac9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For me its all u mentioned. Unique to my area, sand, looks, its just my preference. I have had lifted trucks all my life and this one is proably the best combination I have ever put together. I definately agree w/ you on saving ur nickles and doing it right and as far as the ride, I will always remember how nice this one is. I just got back Friday from driving this rig to Panama City, Fl from VA and back (the reason I am just posting now). I guess everyone is into their own thing.

roger2003

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a skyjacker 6.5 in on mine. I love it, with 35 toyo's on 17". Looks good , can still light em up, and rides nice and it takes the rough terrian. 3000k isn't going to get r done, unless you do all the labor.

RICKF92592

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I have a skyjacker 6.5 in on mine. I love it, with 35 toyo's on 17". Looks good , can still light em up, and rides nice and it takes the rough terrian. 3000k isn't going to get r done, unless you do all the labor.

A bit off topic but I noticed you have the replacement tank. How much lower does it hang than the stock one?

Thanks

roger2003

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It hangs down about two inches past stock, were the difference is,is the lenght of the tank.

Murf06PSD

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I had a 6" BDS, set of 17x9 MM, set of 36x13.5 Iroks and labor for $4800 back in Jan '07. I,m now running 37" BFG AT with some rub at full lock on bumps.

100_4969.jpg

twildman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just a 4 inch lift with 20's and 35's. Just where I want it to be, rides good too.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58