need help

The Dude

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:confused: I took on the Impossible! They said it couldin`t be done! I put a 6.0. and running gear into my 1987 crew cab. I`ve been driving the truck problem free 4 the last 2 yrs. Just recently I gave her an oil change and new fuel filter`s. The next day I went to fire her up and wow I thought the engine was going to grenade!!!! She settled down then ran normal after 5 minutes. I thought maybe glow plgs. I plugged her in the next day started fine! the next day I tried with out pluging her in, same thing I thought she was going to grenade! after 5 minutes she was fine!! does anybody have any idea what it could be!!:confused:

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome to SSD Kurt. Bet there is someone here who can help you out. How cold was it out side when you did this?

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
My guess is that you are using too heavy weight oil for the weather up your way. Run a synthetic oil (5W40) next time. I run Rotella Syn and it is good stuff. You can get it at Wal Mart. No unusual noises on start up.

Dave

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
All I gotta say is.............

I wanna see pics of this 1987 CC 6.0L PSD. You are the first one I have heard of doing this conversion.

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
I have no idea on what to tell you about the problem with your 6.0 but I wanted to say that a 6.0 in a 1987 truck is just cool. How about some pitures :sweet

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg