need help

The Dude

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I`ll try and figure out how to get some pic`s of my 87 crew on to the site. I`m new to this site, I`m still figuring stuff out! My truck still sounds like i`ts going to blow! It sounds like and shakes like it`s going to jump out from under the hood! Amost like its running on 2 cylinder`s. I took it in and no codes came up!
Its not that cold up here in b.c. I used havoline 15w40. this only happens when the truck sits 4 over 4hrs!

The Dude

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I used a half inch ratchet. do think if it werent tight it would be sucking air or something.

budtoh3zo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When i used a half inch ratchet i ended up craking it and it was doing the same as ur saying. A new cap and it runs fine. also make sure the oil filter is in right or it will let the oil out.

JohnBoyToo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Many have found the 6-oh HOLDS oil on a change and they are putting in too much...
how many quarts did you put in ?
bet it was over 13.... many have settled on about 13 or 13.5 quarts, IIRC :)

bet u put too much and when it settles down overnite the oil is too high and the crank is frothing it....

since the injectors fire with oil pressure, it's probably foaming and making the misfires...

Maybe, I guess, sorta kinda :)

Kleetus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't know about that... then it would do it all the time, not just cold. Check your level, if it's fine when off, well... it's fine then...

You're not running a fuel WIX filter are you? I just read something about the 05 and 06's having a slightly different fuel cap, and the 03/04 filters are slightly too tall or wide, and the new cap actually crushes the filter a little, and it really screws up the works... I can't remember if it was here or the So cal site...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg