NEED to warm up truck faster!!

BBBxcursion

Full Access Member
Reaction score
12 degrees, truck plugged in, Fia winter front, takes about 20-30 minutes for ANY heat and ALOT longer to fully warm up. The thermostat was done last year. Any other ideas? I froze my nuts off today, I gotto go looking for them in the morning when the sun comes out.:eek: I don't let it sit and idle, I get in and drive.

CHPMustang

Reaction score
Two things you could try which works for me is make sure all fresh intake air comes from the warm engine area and not from the grille via zoodad for example.

The second is lay about a 75"x 80" packing pad/blanket over the hood and secure it down with a bungee cord fender to fender,this silly mod picks up around 25 degrees warmer engine temp prior to startup.

The void/space in between the fenders and hood lets out alot of engine heat produced by the block heater,which is where the blanket comes in :sweet

BBBxcursion

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No zoodad but I may try the blanket idea. Can I add another block heater??

CHPMustang

Reaction score
BBBxcursion said:
No zoodad but I may try the blanket idea. Can I add another block heater??
The 2000 Powerstrokes come with a block heater installed & cord right off the assembly line. The cord/3 prong plug(with weather cover) will be located just above the left tow hook behind the bumper. It may be tied back by a couple plastic ties.

Could try adding a oil preheater pad to the oil pan:sweet

I keep the grille cover closed on the under 25 degree days and the engine will just about hold full temperature even with the 203* thermo,so I know where you're coming from.

BBBxcursion

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm gonna look for another heater cause this is REALLY driving me nuts. I drove a gasser truck this morning and had awsome heat in 5 minutes-and the truck was not plugged in.

BBBxcursion

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How long in 25 degree weather does your X take to get heat if it's plugged in? I know my heater is working, it hurts to touch it.

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
Ford addressed this problem with the EBPV. The valve was installed for faster warm-ups. I am thinking with your mods(H2E turbo)you probably no longer have the valve? When my rigs are parked inside at home(65 degrees)we start em up, back em out and head down the road. Within about 5 miles the heat is pouring out. When I park my truck outside at work(plugged in)I start it up, manually turn on the EBPV and crank the idle to 1300. Within about 5 minutes(down to -40)the temp is up in the "normal" zone and the heat is pouring out. I would not hop in and drive off when the truck is parked outside, a little warm-up is required for long engine life.

BBBxcursion

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's easy enough to throw my stocker back on but.........This H2E kicks ASS! I guess that's the tradeoff

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
Like they say if you want to play you have to pay. In this case you are paying with your frozen nuts. All I can recommend is a fur lined jock strap.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58