NEED to warm up truck faster!!

smokyred

SDD Wannabe Mod #2
Reaction score
I recently removed my engine fan(for testing purposes!!), and I have noticed a decreased warm-up time in single-low teens weather not plugged in and sitting outside. Fuel-mileage seems to be up, and the engine seems more responsive too.

Oh and I still have an active EBPV, though it is really annoying this year, unlike last year, so it may go bye-bye.....:cool:

Dave

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
Don't say "bye-bye" to it just put a switch on it and take control. The EBPV is annoying when the pcm is in control but when you wire it up to a switch it is very useful for warm-up and makes for a very effective exhaust brake.

Tbar

SDD STAFF/Moderator
Reaction score
police stroker said:
Hey how can you wire it up to work off a switch tell me more????-popcorn

ditto...........:cool:

Tbar

CHPMustang

Reaction score
BBBxcursion said:
How long in 25 degree weather does your X take to get heat if it's plugged in? I know my heater is working, it hurts to touch it.
I have the heater kick on via timer about 3-4 hours prior to startup and it's basically ready to go after 5 minutes.

You could try replacing the block heater element as it may have corrosion on it thus reducing it's heating effectiveness,that's just my opinion ;)

When I turned the key to start this morning the coolant temperature needle was at the first line within the normal range,outside temperature is 15 degrees.

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
I plug mine in when I get home at night. she is nice and toasty the next morning,
but last night the GFCI tripped and she was Cold this morning, thankfully dallas sucked up all the cold air:D and it was only 30 something this morning:thumbs

CHPMustang

Reaction score
powerboatr said:
I plug mine in when I get home at night. she is nice and toasty the next morning,
but last night the GFCI tripped and she was Cold this morning, thankfully dallas sucked up all the cold air:D and it was only 30 something this morning:thumbs
Worry not Robert we're sending you back into the low-mid 20's the next few nights :D

jvencius

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You might also want to check the wires right where they go into the plug on the block heater pigtail. That's a high-stress area and mine were broken in ~ 2 years. When I fixed it, I did the Marinco mod and it works like a champ, plus now I only need one hand to plug in the heater. It was $20 VERY well spent.:thumbs :thumbs

CHPMustang

Reaction score
Very good idea JV,if I could get Bryan to cut a couple holes in the diamond plate on our bumper I'll need to install two Marinco plugs,one for the oil preheater and the other for the block :sweet

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
I'm going to throw out one that hasnt been mentioned yet.................

Check your radiator/degas tank level. Make sure you have a full charge of coolant. It shouldnt take 20 minutes to realize engine heat, even with the EBPV tossed in the can. My EPPV isnt active and I warm up in less than 10 minutes and we have been well below zero the last two days.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14