New Fuel

BubbaNtx

BubbaNtx
Reaction score
Has anyone Noticed the drop in MPG with this new Low sulpher fuel runs Ok but Milage went to Hell Scott

PA 6.0

New without a clue
Reaction score
I'm only on my first tank of ULSD, but thus far I have seen about 1 MPG drop according to the lie-o-meter. I'll see how it calculates out when I fill up again.

JustMeandMyZ

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
So how many miles to you all get on a full tank? I really don't calculate how many mpg I get. Not really sure how to do that, yet. I just go on how many miles I get on a full tank. I usually get around between 250 and 300 miles for a 29 gallon tank. Does that sound about right, or would I need to take my truck in for a check up?

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just dived the miles driven by the number of gallons put in the tank.
29 gallon into 250 is 8.6206896. Not good at all. 29 gallon into 300 is
10.344827, some better but still real BAD.
Keep up with your mileage for a few tanks, I bet you are doing better than
10.3.:laugh :wave

Mystic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have done 450 miles without a low fuel light so I am sure I could get 500 out of it. I run the 38 gallon tank in my truck.

Deviant Diesel

Sooting 1 jerk @ a time!
Reaction score
I just ran my 1st tank of ULSD and actually got better mileage, but that could be because it was a BIO Willie ULSD blend (B20).

no-red 6 0

Senioritis
Reaction score
So how many miles to you all get on a full tank? I really don't calculate how many mpg I get. Not really sure how to do that, yet. I just go on how many miles I get on a full tank. I usually get around between 250 and 300 miles for a 29 gallon tank. Does that sound about right, or would I need to take my truck in for a check up?

OUCH!! that is worse than me.:D i would check it for awhile and possible make an appointment. something is not right in wonderland. how are your driving habits? what fuel? reg. #2 or b-anything?

no-red 6 0

Senioritis
Reaction score
I have done 450 miles without a low fuel light so I am sure I could get 500 out of it. I run the 38 gallon tank in my truck.

you got a 2dr. us 4 doorers (nice word huh) have a 29 gal. tank. and as for comparing miles i can not due to that fact. maybe other 2 drs. will chime in to give a comparison.

JustMeandMyZ

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Most of my miles are highway miles. 50 miles a day round trip to work and back. I'm not real heavy on the pedal, though once in a while I like to put the hammer down to get in and out of traffic. I'm using diesel #2 over here and once in a while I put in a half-bottle of stanadyne(treats 30 gal.). I also had the 05B35 recall done during the summer. Right now I've got around 18,000+ miles on her.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58