New Fuel

JustMeandMyZ

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Dang, it looks like I might have to make an appoinment to the dealer to check my truck out. I have been getting some crappy mileage from my truck. Aren't diesel's supposed to get good mileage. AND, I don't even haul anything. I use my trucfk as a daily driver. I have read on some posts that maybe the fuel gauge could be messing up. I also noticed that on a couple of occasions that if I park my truck on a slight incline, my fuel gauge reads more than it did before and it stays that way. Would the dealship be able to re-calibrate the fuel gauge? I don't know about you guys, but it sounds like I have a problem.

RoyBoy

Diesel Dork
Reaction score
Dang, it looks like I might have to make an appoinment to the dealer to check my truck out. I have been getting some crappy mileage from my truck. Aren't diesel's supposed to get good mileage. AND, I don't even haul anything. I use my trucfk as a daily driver. I have read on some posts that maybe the fuel gauge could be messing up. I also noticed that on a couple of occasions that if I park my truck on a slight incline, my fuel gauge reads more than it did before and it stays that way. Would the dealship be able to re-calibrate the fuel gauge? I don't know about you guys, but it sounds like I have a problem.

Joey, these tanks are known for being hard to get filled up all the way consistently. How many gallons do you get in yours at each fill up? Do you top the tank off (a five minute operation) or do you just stop at the first click of the pump? Unless you are filling the tank just as full each time you will not be able to figure accurate mileage. I have the 29 gal tank which I "harpooned" (cut off the inner fill tube) so it will fill to the TOP every time. Pump clicks off and an extra shot or three and I have fuel, not foam at the neck. I have put just shy of 35 gallons in ( engine began to stutter just as I shut it off at the pump:eek: ) my "29 gallon" fuel tank.
Before you go to your dealer, get some hard facts on your fuel mileage, it will make it a lot easier for them.:sweet

JustMeandMyZ

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Good point there, Roy. Being that this is the only vehicle I use, it would be pointless to have somebody help me to drop off the truck at the dealership and find other forms of transportation. I guess I'll just have to keep my eye on the 'ol gas gauge and see how much I can really fill up. Thanks for all of the input guys.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
castellscl