New Fuel

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
i got some today
2.71 :eek:
i noticed it stays less aromatic, i got some on my hand it stopped stinking in a few minutes.... there goes the cologne business :roflmao
we drove about 50 miles stop and go in traffic i didnt notice any differences in anything yet

W4RLR

High Tech Hillbilly
Reaction score
So how many miles to you all get on a full tank? I really don't calculate how many mpg I get. Not really sure how to do that, yet. I just go on how many miles I get on a full tank. I usually get around between 250 and 300 miles for a 29 gallon tank. Does that sound about right, or would I need to take my truck in for a check up?

Either you are a lead foot or there is something bad wrong with your truck. I have a 29 gallon tank and frequently pass the 500 mile mark before having to refuel again. That is when I'm not pulling the fiver. Then all bets are off. So far about 11 miles per gallon towing over 7000# of movable house.

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
Either you are a lead foot or there is something bad wrong with your truck. I have a 29 gallon tank and frequently pass the 500 mile mark before having to refuel again. That is when I'm not pulling the fiver. Then all bets are off. So far about 11 miles per gallon towing over 7000# of movable house.

500 on 29 gallons....i should be so lucky :tounge

your driving 55 again arent you :sly

W4RLR

High Tech Hillbilly
Reaction score
No, but 3.73 gearing does help a little.

I just got a tank full of ULSD. As predicted, the mileage has gone down a tad.

But on my trip from Crestview to the north Atlanta suburb of Woodstock where I picked up my fiver last week, I still had 200 miles remaining in the tank by the time I reached I-285.

Merry Christmas Robert and to all on SDD! :santa3

JustMeandMyZ

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
So, should I think about trading in the truck for a Ford P.O.S? Just kidding guys. I guess I will have to make an appointment to check to see if there is a leak somewhere or maybe I'm just running a little rich, which in diesel terminology is bad, right? Anyways, I'll just have to keep a close eye on the mileage and see.

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score

oh you SUCK. Suck, suck suck suck suck suck suck. That's 5 mpg better than my truck...

Hoss 350

My GSP, Dutch
Reaction score
Has anyone Noticed the drop in MPG with this new Low sulpher fuel runs Ok but Milage went to Hell Scott

It isn't the fuel, you have something else wrong. There is no method or device by which the new fuel would reduce fuel economy any noticeable amount. The energy in the fuel was reduced by as much as 1% (but usually less than that), so you should at most see a one percent drop in economy, which means that if you are ususally getting 18 MPG, you will get .01 X 18 = 17.82 MPG. I think we can all agree that this is a non-noticeable amount that will fade into the white noise of other factors like ambient temps, terrain, wind, load, etc.

02SilverStroke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So how many miles to you all get on a full tank? I really don't calculate how many mpg I get. Not really sure how to do that, yet. I just go on how many miles I get on a full tank. I usually get around between 250 and 300 miles for a 29 gallon tank. Does that sound about right, or would I need to take my truck in for a check up?

In my average driving I can get around 450 miles on my 29 gallon tank. The easiest way to check your miles is to reset the trip odometer each time you fill up. If you get 300 miles and it takes 20 gallons, then it's 15 miles per gallon Also, I fill until there is fuel standing in the opening. When I fill up, I can get an extra 5 gallons in the tank after the pump first shuts off. Normally, I get 16-18 mpg. I went to Louisiana Saturday (600+ mile round trip), got 20.6 mpg. Going back later this week to take my mom home and will check it again.

no-red 6 0

Senioritis
Reaction score
all of you guys getting over my 320/tank are not making me happy. :dunno 450, 500+ that's just plain unfathamable for me. what are you doing that i am not? or jmmz for that matter? i keep my log for bus. purposes' and my ytd miles is 11.78 mpg. petty horse crappy if you ask me. yes i was under the assumption that i should be up in the 450-500/tank range. i am working on issues but the last time ford fixed my issues they said it would solve all problems. WRONG! still have the same problems.:eek:

powerboatr: i do believe that was one selling point of the new fuel, low aromatics....

RoyBoy

Diesel Dork
Reaction score
all of you guys getting over my 320/tank are not making me happy. :dunno 450, 500+ that's just plain unfathamable for me. what are you doing that i am not? or jmmz for that matter? i keep my log for bus. purposes' and my ytd miles is 11.78 mpg.

Hey don't feel so bad I just filled up with LSD (not ULSD) , 302 miles on 32.178 gallons= 9.385 MPG :eek:
I do have a trailer hitched up to 'er most of the time though.
I can't wait til ULSD comes around... :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
castellscl