new girl!

chickiepickie

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I just bought a 1994 F350 turbo diesel 7.3L crew cab long bed 4x4 with brand new tranny, new pre-powerstroke, and whole new top end. So, being my first ford, HELP! It has overdrive 4 speed automatic. I read the manual on it (woohoo). I bought it from a close friend of the family who said it has an Allison in it, under warranty--IS THIS POSSIBLE? the tranny feels so smooth, i can't even feel it shifting, like a Mercedes. Already the electronic shift plate had to be replaced. ??? please forgive my ignorance!:confused:

Input and feedback please!:hail

whatabudro

Launched
Reaction score
That pre powerstroke would be known as an IDI. Does it have a turbo or not? There were 3 different engines offered that year.

I thought the IDI's had C6's behind them?

Tbar

SDD STAFF/Moderator
Reaction score
Welcome aboard CP and congrats on your new purchase.

Someone will come along shortly with an answer to your question.

Tbar

ktpauley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Chickie welcome to the site. Don't forget to fill in your signature. Get ready to send some money cause we'll help you send lots on your truck. :roflmao Keith

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
chickiepickie said:
I bought it from a close friend of the family who said it has an Allison in it, under warranty--IS THIS POSSIBLE?

Anything is possible but it did not come from the factory with a Allison. Someone may have installed it at a later date. If the truck is a early 94 it would be a IDI Turbo or if it is a late model 1994 then it is a PSD. The C6 transmission was a three speed so if yours is a 4 speed it is probably a E4OD.

By the way welcome to the site..

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello chickiepickie and welcome to SSD.com I am sure you have the E4OD and that your truck would be a late 1994. The early ones only had 5 speeds in them. Please fill in your signature to let us know where you are from & post some pictues of your truck.

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
Welcome to SDD chickiepickie, sit a spell and take it in. You can find lots of useful information here, and some useless information.

Dave :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58