new girl!

94f450sd

certified nutjob
Reaction score
WD40 said:
Hello chickiepickie and welcome to SSD.com I am sure you have the E4OD and that your truck would be a late 1994. The early ones only had 5 speeds in them. Please fill in your signature to let us know where you are from & post some pictues of your truck.

the early 94s only had the idi turbo or non turbo available with the e4od or 5speed only.the late 94s were available with the PSD and 5 speed only.there were no 94 PSD autos made.i hvae an early 94 with the IDI turbo/E4OD :D

chickiepickie

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Yes, it is an early 94 delivered on 1.1.94 ... the engine says "international by navistar" or something.

my original question was more like, "does allison make transmissions for Ford models? I thought they were just for GM?" And also, is the E4OD a Brand Name or just a type of transmission?

thanks for ALL the help! I will have a million more questions as things keep popping up....

94f450sd

certified nutjob
Reaction score
no allison doesnt make a tranny for a ford except in the larger trucks.the E4OD is the ford tranny for thier pickups.

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
Welcome chickie, glad to have you here. The others above me have given good accurate info.

Big K

SDD.com Hacker/Admin
Reaction score
chickiepickie said:
Yes, it is an early 94 delivered on 1.1.94 ... the engine says "international by navistar" or something.

my original question was more like, "does allison make transmissions for Ford models? I thought they were just for GM?" And also, is the E4OD a Brand Name or just a type of transmission?

thanks for ALL the help! I will have a million more questions as things keep popping up....

Chickiepickie,

First I would like to say Welcome to SDD! :sweet

Second, Ford never offered an allision transmission behind the 7.3 IDI or DI PSD.

I am sure it is probably an E40D ;)

Big K

SDD.com Hacker/Admin
Reaction score
97CREWCABPSD said:
1-1-94 is actually a 94 1/2 late powerstroke with the E4OD tranny

The PSD only came with a 5 Speed manual in 1994.

There was 3 Engines in the 1994 MY.

7.3 IDI Non Turbo
7.3 IDI Turbo
7.3 DI Power Stroke (with manual ONLY)

Now, Someone COULD have put a Auto in it, but it would need a different PCM for sure ;)

chickiepickie

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
97CREWCABPSD said:
1-1-94 is actually a 94 1/2 late powerstroke with the E4OD tranny
It's no PS cuz the sticker on the motor itself says "International by Navistar"

IS IT POSSIBLE FOR MY TRUCK (94 7.3L TURBO IDI) TO HAVE AN AFTERMARKET ALLISON? SINCE I know it's not the original tranny....sorry caps.

Big K

SDD.com Hacker/Admin
Reaction score
No, Not really, but anything is possible with enough $$$$$$$$.

Show us a pic of the tranny, and We can tell for sure ;)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58