newbie here-need some help please

OutalineF350

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
KRISTOLSON- they told me it was another EGR code but then the service writer said something about the MAF being too far away from something:dunno to run the proper test???
I picked the truck up today because I didn't want it sitting there until I can track down a stock intake. They told me they will keep the work order open and just bring it back in when I get the stock intake.
They did tell me to make sure it is an intake for a 2005 because that year took a special intake, part #5C3Z9600F4
Is this true??? I almost bought one on eBay that came off a 2007...but now I'm holding off till I can verify which one I need to get. The parts guy said my vin# was the last year of the cut off for that particular intake, then they changed some things. :confused:

KRISTOLSON

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am not sure about that. If there were changes they would have to be minor, but lord knows they cant work on it unless it is exact....LOL

Last edited:

OutalineF350

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
LOL yeah I know

Can anyone else chime in on this....I need to get a stock intake but I don't want to be buying the wrong one. I can't see what the differences are on any of the ones I've been looking at, they all look the same

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
Well, I look at it this way. YOU have to have the correct one to get Ford to fix your truck. Get the CORRECT (year) one. Don't guess if one other year is almost the same as yours.

Dave

OutalineF350

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Well, I look at it this way. YOU have to have the correct one to get Ford to fix your truck. Get the CORRECT (year) one. Don't guess if one other year is almost the same as yours.

Dave

Well when I type that part # (5C3Z9600FA) in at Tasca auto parts website, it says 2005-2007......so why would one from an 07' not work? I was going to get this one off eBay eBay Motors: 2007 Ford F-250 6.0L Diesel OEM Air Intake (item 270367169969 end time Apr-07-09 09:01:11 PDT)

Last edited:

KRISTOLSON

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so they told you your truck was the last year that used that particular part, however the part number they gave you, 05 was the first year of that particular part? doesn't make a lot of sense to me. or did they say it was the first year to use it? I think you would be fine getting the 05-07 but if it is going to cause problems at the dealer maybe check with them first.

Last edited:

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OutalineF350, For what your going to pay for a OEM air intake you could just get a new MAF and put it in your self, clear the codes and see if it comes back. A word about the EGR, motorcraft had a recall on them last year they were out of range. They have a pink dot on top by the plug. If your has a pink dot replace it. I posted some info sometime ago on this site.

Your Dealer must be in the stone age. Mine plugs a lap top in the info port and reads all the sensors, sensors out put and test all sensors and injectors too. There is a site the sells a program like what ford uses for testing things on your engine. It's about 400 bucks.

Looking at the air box the box looks like the 04 box, it's the air intake tube from the air box to turbo thats changed. I may be wrong.

Last edited:

OutalineF350

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I'll have to check the EGR to see if it has a dot. I went ahead and bought that 2007 intake for $100 shipped(priority), I looked around on the web and I can't find any different part numbers for the intake besides the one they gave me, so who knows what they are talking about. I honestly think their diesel mechanic doen't know his chit....I asked if he was trained on the power strokes and they said yeah, but who knows. Next time I think I’m going to go to a different dealer….this one is just close to my house so it was nice.

jpringle83

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wish I would've kept up with this post I could've sold you mine and then the dealer couldn't complain same year, make, model and color.

fordoor

SDD Member
Reaction score
Dogman, could you please give us the skinny on the PINK DOT. I missed that one when you posted it. What up? I wanted a spare, and my brand new (in the box)valve, from E-Bay has the PINK DOT on it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg