newbie here-need some help please

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Motorcraft had a big recall on EGR's last year, something to do with something being out of speck on the egr. The egr's are dated with a color dot that tolled the months made. At my buddy’s parts warehouse they had about 200 egr's out of 300 egr's, that were all sent back to Motorcraft. Motorcraft sent a letter out asking for all egr's with this pink dot to be returned to them. I know the dealers were hurting bad because out of the 100 left they were gone in 5 min. My dealer was unplugging them till they could get some new egr's, then doing a complete egr cleaning at no charge. I had two put on my truck and they both crapped out and they had pink dots too. My new one does not have the pink dot its yellow.

Fordoor, email the guy and ask if he known’s anything on the egr recall. Don’t tell them about the pink dot. If he's legit he will know. I busted a guy on eBay for cleaning them and putting them back in the box and resell. This is a big problem on ebay. EBay shut the guy down. Good luck

Last edited:

fordoor

SDD Member
Reaction score
Dogman, Good job w/ busting that guy. I'll look into whether I was swindled by the same guy. They say "if it's too good to be true..." I paid like $100. if I recall(excuse the pun). Dealer wants nearly $400. I believe. I'm ready to delete!!! OutalineF350: Didn't mean to highjack your thread; we're still talking EGR.

OutalineF350

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I wish I would've kept up with this post I could've sold you mine and then the dealer couldn't complain same year, make, model and color.

If the one I ordered doesn't work, I'll let you know, I may need to buy it from you.

No worries Fordoor.
I checked my EGR and it has a silver dot.

jpringle83

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I seriously doubt there's any difference between the one you got. Everywhere I've seen aftermarket filter all list 05-07 including the one that I have. I also have an extra MAF sensor if for some reason you need one.

OutalineF350

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Well get this, my dealer put on the stock air box, reset the codes and the MAF and drove it for 30 miles and said no more problemsor lights!!! I just can't believe that an intake would cause the CEL to come on and cause all these issues. The truck was sputtering when I would be cruzing at 50-60 mph at about 2500rpms, and they are blaming the intake was messing up the MAF.
Can this be true:dunno

I personnally think it's bs.

jpringle83

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm willing to bet you have a faulty MAF. How did they reset the MAF? Maybe recalibrated it. I have an AEM intake and have never had an issue. I think the reason they couldn't get an accurate reading before wasn't the intake it was a bad MAF sensor and rather than replace it they sent you on a wild goose chase.

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thats first class BS!! MAF was most likely dirty and they cleaned it when putting on the air box. You have the old air intake, put it back on with the clean MAF and see what it does. I have to clean my MAF at every oil change because it will give bad readings and my mileage will go into the crapper.

snicklas

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Dogman,

Do you have an aftermarket intake? I would think the air across the MAF should be clean, filtered air and not get dirty. Not trying to stir the pot just wondering?

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dogman,

Do you have an aftermarket intake? I would think the air across the MAF should be clean, filtered air and not get dirty. Not trying to stir the pot just wondering?

Yes. But it's not as clean as it sould be. The oil thats put on the air cleaner does get sucked in to the MAF and it can get a bad reading.

snicklas

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks Dogman, I was wondering if that was something else I neede to add the maintenance routine...... I am running completely stock so not as much of a consern then.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg