newbie questions

LAF250

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
New owner of a 2003 F250 Lariat FX4 powerstroke, and i've got a few questions. I'm upgrading now and need a little guidance, from the wise people here. Just put an exhaust on, a Dynaflow ( not the one I wanted but my wife suprised me with it so I can't complain), now I need an air flow system, a chip or programer, and some gauges. I know everyone has preferences but are there aany that are highly recommended here. Im leaning towards Banks or Bully dog, but an also considering Edge/ attitude. As for air i'm thiking aFe.
Thanks any help would be appreciated.

Ricky
[email protected]

SeeYa

Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
LAF250 said:
New owner of a 2003 F250 Lariat FX4 powerstroke, and i've got a few questions. I'm upgrading now and need a little guidance, from the wise people here. Just put an exhaust on, a Dynaflow ( not the one I wanted but my wife suprised me with it so I can't complain), now I need an air flow system, a chip or programer, and some gauges. I know everyone has preferences but are there aany that are highly recommended here. Im leaning towards Banks or Bully dog, but an also considering Edge/ attitude. As for air i'm thiking aFe.
Thanks any help would be appreciated.

Ricky
[email protected]

Welcome to the site Ricky,

Looks like you have done your research already. You are definately on the right track for a first time upgrade. If you would like more info on a chip we can help you with that as well. Check out our website or give us a call. Contact info is in my signature.

Diane Tipton
Dp-Tuner
828-221-0076

ISurvivedNMU

Reaction score
AS SAGEBEL SAID... 7.3 OR 6.0.

Then you need to know what you want. A super fast race truck, a good tow vehicle, o more "safe" reliable truck... That would cue us in on how much HP you want to add, and if you need or want a chip with built in safety features.... There are a ton of choices, and they all offer something just a little different...

LAF250

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
newbie again

Thanx for the welcome, im glad to be here with an awesome truck. Sorry its a 7.3 and im not sure what i want really, I tow a boat sometimes but im also using it for a work truck and will put in a good bit of highway time. I have read that I should be leary of some chips and tuners, because they make adjustments with no regards to EGTs etc. Thats why I heard to buy a reputable tuner or chip. I definatley dont need a fullout race trucck or anything just something with a little umph when i want it.
Thanx again any help is definately appreciated.
Ricky

SeeYa

Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
LAF250 said:
Thanx for the welcome, im glad to be here with an awesome truck. Sorry its a 7.3 and im not sure what i want really, I tow a boat sometimes but im also using it for a work truck and will put in a good bit of highway time. I have read that I should be leary of some chips and tuners, because they make adjustments with no regards to EGTs etc. Thats why I heard to buy a reputable tuner or chip. I definatley dont need a fullout race trucck or anything just something with a little umph when i want it.
Thanx again any help is definately appreciated.
Ricky

Ricky,

As I understand you concerns with the chips and tuners there is however a way to reflash you PCM to a performance calibrations to help with towing. One of our customers just did a test and he was 50 degrees lower on egt's at 70 mgh and 100 degrees lower at 65 mph then with stock towing a 2500 lb. bass boat. Numbers will very with load weights.

Diane

sagebel

Stock? Pfft!
Reaction score
Guages first. EGT(pyro), boost, and trans temp(if auto trans). There are lots of guage and mounting options. Since you already have the exhaust, open up the intake with the AFE, Tymar, or DIY Tymar. This will allow you to run a chip or tuner safely as well as monitor temps for shut down.

Scott

CHPMustang

Reaction score
Hi Ricky,is your truck out of warranty as that would be a deciding factor if going to a chip ;)

Bill

LAF250

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
no i only have 37k on it still under factory warranty
where do i get a tymar or diy tymar air intake?
will a programmer or chip void my warranty?

LAF250

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
sorry another question which mods void your warranty and which dont?
thanks
Man im stoked about getting this thing alittle meaner
Ricky

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg