Nitto Terra Grappler tires?

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
I'm gonna tell you guys one thing about siping, and then I'll STFU.
It makes (actually LETS) the individual tread block squirm, and accellerates the wear of the tire, and can make it wear irregularly.

Might I suggest these

Lynden-Jeff

Landscaper
Reaction score
Well I went for it and bought the set. A little smaller then I wanted 265, 70 R16's. Hopefully they will go throught the snow well.

Cheers
Jeff

Reaction score
Well i'll say one thing about siping also. Raining with wet roads and no siping and the stupid woman in front of you slams on her brakes while yer following her downhill. I didnt think it would ever grab hold of the road i could see the size of her eyes in her rearview mirror. :roflmao

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
It makes (actually LETS) the individual tread block squirm, and accelerates the wear of the tire, and can make it wear irregularly.
We get better tire wear on trucks when they are siped. Siped tires run cooler and thus last longer. The traction is also about double with siped over un-siped on snow/ice. At work we sipe steer tires and all ten drivers.

Might I suggest these
Goodyear Wrangler tires are too hard of a compound for good winter traction. I had a set and I have never had such poor ice traction. I also had a set of Goodyear workhorses and they were worse than the wranglers. Excellent tread-wear on both but poor cold weather traction.

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
Siped tires run cooler and thus last longer.
no, they don't. Temperature of a tire depends on how the tire is loaded and under what speeds it's being operated on, as heat is generated by internal friction.

I'm not saying you had good luck with your siped tires, just saying the salesman was smoking a bong.

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
It makes (actually LETS) the individual tread block squirm, and accellerates the wear of the tire, and can make it wear irregularly.

Might I suggest these

I hate my Wranglers, they dont clean out worth a crap and then I am driving on a slick. Not alot of options out there for the 20" wheel Ive got either (if I stay stock tire size).

f100cleveland

When In Doubt,THROTTLE ON
Reaction score
I had the nitto's on the old SD and they worked good on ice and snow. They seemed to wear ok (didn't have them on long enough to find out how many miles). As for siping, in my opinion it helps traction alot.

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
I hate my Wranglers, they dont clean out worth a crap and then I am driving on a slick. Not alot of options out there for the 20" wheel Ive got either (if I stay stock tire size).
Mike, you have the older design on your truck, being the 20-inch
They just this summer came out with the newer tire in your size.
I'd appreciate it if you didn't condemn all "Wranglers" because you have the
older generation product.

Now, do me a favor and fill out this e-form? Goodyear Tire Email Contacts

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
I'd appreciate it if you didn't condemn all "Wranglers" because you have the
older generation product.

Never have liked Wranglers, ever. Its become a loyalty issue with me, just like you wont find me driving a Nissan though a Nissan is a good product, the next set of tires that the 06 wears wont be Goodyears.:sorry Dont take it personally JL, it wasnt a shot at you.

Whadaya want me to fill out the form for? To tell'em I think thier tires suck?

Lynden-Jeff

Landscaper
Reaction score
Never have liked Wranglers, ever. Its become a loyalty issue with me, just like you wont find me driving a Nissan though a Nissan is a good product, the next set of tires that the 06 wears wont be Goodyears.:sorry Dont take it personally JL, it wasnt a shot at you.

Whadaya want me to fill out the form for? To tell'em I think thier tires suck?

So far the terras are doing good. I will have to get some pics when I have a chance.

Thanks
Jeff

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14