F250Jockey

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Yeah, Knievel was the man!

And he did it all on a Harley! :ZigBang:

JOAT

I Found Nemo!
Reaction score
Ahhh, the great Evil Knievel. Inspiration for many a childhood injury, some of which still ache when the weather changes. What don't kill ya only makes ya stronger;tu

You said you cleaned and lubed the contacts earlier. Try it again, maybe your lube picked up some crud or wasn't compatible with the contacts? What lube did you use?

F250Jockey

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I used dielectric grease for the clockspring lube. I pulled it apart and everything still looks clean in there.

Here's an update on this problem. Today I re-checked every fuse again, inside and outside the truck. All are good.

Next I pulled and swapped all the relays under the hood. Everything else still works, but still no horn or cruise.

Then I pulled the chip from the PCM. Still, no horn or cruise.

So, I pulled the steering wheel, and checked out the clockspring. Everything looks good, and I took my knife and scraped the edges of the 3 contacts for good measure, and reassymbled.

The connector that attaches the horn pad to the steering wheel seems to have power on one of the 3 pins (the one on the right when facing the wheel), but nothing on the other 2 pins.

Anyone have any ideas or suggestions? :dunno

It would help me a lot if I had a schematic.

Does anyone know if there are anymore relays, etc, in that horn/cruise circuit?

Thanks!

JOAT

I Found Nemo!
Reaction score
Hope these are clear enough. From '95 EVTM but should be the same.

Looking at these, seems a ground issue could cause a fault with both.

Last edited:

F250Jockey

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
A loose ground is probably what it is, because I was back up in there yesterday installing a switch for my new electric fan. :rolleyes:

Any idea where the grounds are for that circuit (where they physically are on the truck), or how to find out where they are? :dunno

I was looking at the harness that comes out of the steering column for the horn/cruise circuit today, and where it goes up under the dash. That thing ties into a wire bundle that's about as big around as your forearm! :eek:

With my luck, I'm sure I knocked one loose or something while I was fumbling around in there. :cussing:

Thanks again for the schematics! :sweet

JOAT

I Found Nemo!
Reaction score
Any metal part of the chassis (pretty much) is grounded, so you can always find a screw in the metal to connect a ground wire if needed.

F250Jockey

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
That G200 number on the ground for that circuit, will that be labeled on the wire bundle that the horn circuit is in?

Thanks!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14