No Power

zr1pete

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Robert,,, Oh Robert. What do you recommend for and after market muffler and exhaust? Your thoughts sire......

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
Sir Knight Pete,
:hail

i went with the 4" mbrp with a cat delete,
i had magna flow before on the 7.3 IMO i think they are I DENT I CAL

but the mbrp give us the option to put the kitty back on with not to much problems if you need it for emissions or state safety inspections

250 or so drop in egts with just a muffler, then with the kitty gone, it dropped more and picked up some low end gruntage/spool up thing

plus it sounds very nice :sweet :sweet :sweet
i may never turn my radio on again :D

zr1pete

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Please point me to where I could buy at a good price....
Thanks Robert...BTW what do you think 4 or 5 inch?
Dual or single...

Last edited:

cb5300

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
bushpilot said:
20% loss from an auto trans & transfer case...seems reasonable at best...
hell most claim 10-15% from an auto trans alone.

take a sampling...go get a few NEW trucks and run 'em on the SAME
dyno...i bet not two are the same...youre whinning about what you THINK
it should be...what do you have to compare this "under performance " too....

lets see your dyno print outs....
No Mr. Bushpilot, I'm not whinning about what I THINK it should be, I'm bitching about not getting what I paid for. If you came into one of my stores and bought and paid for an item then you would expect to get that item... I know that back in 1999, Ford got caught telling one about the Cobra, seems it wouldn't put out the horsepower that Ford said it would. Now, here we are in 2006 and it seems that Ford may be up to their old tricks again..:dunno ...As far as comparison goes I owned a '03 F350 dually with the 6.0, 4.10 gears, and it had more power hands down then this '06. I could hook up my 44 ft. enclosed car trailer and the '03 would haul down the hwy like it wasn't even there, yet the '06 with the 4.30 gears struggles. Trailer weighs 9400 empty, we haul one car ('98 vette), tools, generator, tires, etc. comes in around 13,800 lbs. max. But bottem line, even the Ford dealer saids that there is a problem, and Fords response was that it's my problem, not theirs....:cussing:

If anyone has a F350, or for that matter a 6.0 with the auto tranny and you feel like the power isn't where it should be, please email me so that we can get in contact with you and talk over some things.

I see now why Ford is having so many problems, they seem to think that everybody needs to :hail down to them.

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
cb5300 i disrespect meant...but youre not comparing apples to oranges...
seat of the pants might be good for you and your dealer but it wont
work in a class action suit...

do yourself a favor, and if your dealers in agreement w/ you then 1/2
your battle is won....drive some other trucks, run 'em on the dyno
and report back w/ REAL, QUALIFIED data/numbers...til then youll
be a VERY frustrated person...

cb5300

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
bushpilot said:
cb5300 i disrespect meant...but youre not comparing apples to oranges...
seat of the pants might be good for you and your dealer but it wont
work in a class action suit...

do yourself a favor, and if your dealers in agreement w/ you then 1/2
your battle is won....drive some other trucks, run 'em on the dyno
and report back w/ REAL, QUALIFIED data/numbers...til then youll
be a VERY frustrated person...

We're not talking just seat of the pants feeling here...when you can take a truck ('03 dually, 6.0 with 4.10 gears) and hook it to your trailer and pull it up the side of the mountains here in Virginia and not lose any speed, matter of fact you can pull out into the left lane and pass people, then hook it up to another truck ('06 with 4.30 gears) and run the same route and this time you have to stay in the far right lane with your 4 ways on, cause you can't maintain the speed limit. Kind of tells you that the truck isn't pulling as well as the first. Don't get me wrong...I love the truck and the improvements that they made in the '06 over the '03 in creature comforts (both Lariat models decked out to the max), but as far as performance goes, the '06 sucks, and the fix is so simple....just fatten up the fuel tables and get the A/F ratio down around 13 to 1 and the truck would be a monster....But Ford engineers claim that they DON'T even know what an A/F ratio is.:dunno

If anyone else has this problem, if enough people sound off, may be we can at least get their attention... Do I really want to sue Ford??? Not really, will I sue Ford, you bet your sweet azz I will, if I have to.... I've already talked to my corp. attorneys yesterday and we'll see what happens.

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
zr1pete said:
Please point me to where I could buy at a good price....
Thanks Robert...BTW what do you think 4 or 5 inch?
Dual or single...
sir pete,
got mine from mark craig a spnsor here at dppi you need to call and try to get him or one of his smarter lads, 4" is fine unless your going ape future power upgrades and plan on running at 3300 rpm all the time
:D

http://www.dieselperformanceparts.com/

Last edited:

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
cb5300 said:
Do I really want to sue Ford??? Not really, will I sue Ford, you bet your sweet azz I will, if I have to.... I've already talked to my corp. attorneys yesterday and we'll see what happens.

good luck...im not at all shocked that your corp. attorneys would
say yes...the only ones that ever get anything from these freekin'
class action suits are the lawyers...

and you can BET ford will pass the cost of 'em on to the customer...

id still like to see you do a dyno comparo...have you weighed the trucks,
what else could be different from 03 to 06 (i know i know theres been
TONS of changes to the computers etc...if you had a good 03 that ran
well and was trouble free you were probably the exception)

cb5300

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Well, my '03 had a few problems but the dealer was able to correct them. I went through 4 computers and a turbo, but when we found that when Ford built the truck they didn't use anything to protect the wires that ran through the firewall, and when the metal edges ate through the insulation on the wires it shorted out the computer. After the wires were put inside wire looms problem solved. Turbo, sometimes it would spin up, sometimes it wouldn't and when the turbo doesn't work the truck is a real dog. Repaced the turbo and the truck ran great.

I know how you feel about attorneys, but sometimes you've got to take a stand and fire away. With Ford's history on our side (1999 Cobra) we hope it won't have to go to far....All Ford has to do is "fatten" up the fuel tables and problem solved. For the life of me I don't know why Ford is acting this way. especially to someone who spends over 100K every couple of years with them.

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
seems to me like you should have sued over the 03...how come you didnt ?

perhaps they CANT fatten up the fuel tables (im curious how you know this
is the solution)...there are emmissions requirements and they get tougher
w/ every model year...and dont forget FUEL mileage...perhaps you
should sue over that too...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14