No Power

cb5300

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
bushpilot said:
seems to me like you should have sued over the 03...how come you didnt ?

perhaps they CANT fatten up the fuel tables (im curious how you know this
is the solution)...there are emmissions requirements and they get tougher
w/ every model year...and dont forget FUEL mileage...perhaps you
should sue over that too...

Well, Ford finally fixed the '03, matter of fact the last time the '03 left me stuck on the side of the road in South Carolina Ford, after a little arm twisting picked up the cost of my hotel room and rental car for the 3 days I was stuck there. They actually made me feel like they cared and was trying to help me. This time, when I have the computer print out showing that the truck is not right, they make me feel like they don't give a sh!t. That they have my money and I need to buzz off. I just talked a friend of mine today at another Ford dealership in Danville and he rolled his eyes at what was happening. It seems like I may not be the only person with this problem... This could get interesting before it's over with....

albran

Very Junior Member
Reaction score
all motors are not created equal ;)

Example: when Honda first started making the Aspencade motorcycle (not sure if they still do it) they ran ALL Gold Wing motors on a dyno and put the top 10% HP producers in the Aspencade

maybe your 03 was a top 10% HP/Torque producer and your 06 is in the bottom 10%

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
cb5300 is a troll, hes never shown any REAL qualified info to any of us...
hes got tons of contacts and lawyers telling him he's right...

im starting to wonder if he isnt a lawyer trying to dig up some cash
from some bs class action...he's begging everyone to contact him
offline...while never producing any qualified data or proof...its all hear say.

hell he hasnt even filled out his signature....hes FISHIN'

cb5300

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
bushpilot said:
cb5300 is a troll, hes never shown any REAL qualified info to any of us...
hes got tons of contacts and lawyers telling him he's right...

im starting to wonder if he isnt a lawyer trying to dig up some cash
from some bs class action...he's begging everyone to contact him
offline...while never producing any qualified data or proof...its all hear say.

hell he hasnt even filled out his signature....hes FISHIN'

Bushhead, You don't know me and what I'm about, so please don't over tax your pea size brain with your worthless comments. If you're not having any problems with your truck then great! I'm very happy for you, and I wish you well, I, on the other hand am having problems that ford is turning a blind eye to. All I want is what I paid for...nothing more and certainly nothing less. If you can't help solve the problem than please stay out of the issue, it doesn't concern you at all. If you want to know more about me just ask, I'm an insurance broker in Virgina, I own a small chain of art galleries/custom Frame shops, and I own Kar Kraze, inc, a company that handles wheels, and performance parts. I'm not out to make money from Ford (I don't need it) I just want them to do what's right. If you have a problem with that then I feel for you my friend....Of course I guess you could be one of those Ford corp geeks and think that Blue does no wrong. Again, if you don't have anything positive to say and all you can do call names then stay out of my thread, immuture people not needed......Good day.

Last edited:

Kleetus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not to pick, but uh, do you have a DUNS number from D&B? I can't find a listing for Kar Kraze Inc. There's a Car Kraze, but that's in North Haven CT, not in VA... Phone number, website, birth certificate, 1st communion pictures, anything maybe? Heck even my 3 person poulty farm had that much...

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
actually it does concern me...im an owner too...and im TRYING
to help...i even have some tools, experiances and contacts, everyone
here does...

youre saying you have all these problems but you never
give concrete info...wed ALL love to help but you
provide zero info to assist you w/.

share w/ us your dealer name...surely if your dealer knows
the problem he'll be interested in wanting to test other
trucks and go to bat for ALL of us.

and how they know its fuel delivery ?
its interesting to me that no one else has chimed in
about the problem...but youre ready to build a class action suit...

what clubs are you a member of in virginia....surely there are clubs
(i know i was a member of one) that are willing to help & from
my experiance theyre VERY friendly & knowledgable...

there ARE ways to get help other than repeating the same
stuff over and over

Last edited:

cb5300

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Bush, if you want to help great...The dealer here is Vinton Motors. They have replaced fuel pump, fuel reg, hoses, darn near everything from the tank to the engine. I've picked up a couple of hp and a few lb-ft of torque but no where near where it should be. Else where on this board I found were someone tested some different tuners on a stock '04 and they ran a stock base line pull on a dyno to compare the different tunes. Now that model listed 320 HP and 560 flb-ft of torque, the dyno shows pretty much that (when you fact in loss for tranny). My '06 which Ford advertises 325HP and 570 lbs ft torque is no where near what the stock '04 is. Now if you know someone here in Va or close by that has a program that can fatting up my fuel tables or whatever it takes I'll be more than happy to take the truck to them to let them look at it. Like I said if you want to help and if you know someone no problem, I'm all for it. However if all you want to do is call names and make stupid comments than I've got better things to do.... If this was happening to one of my corvettes I could just get a copy of LS1 edit for my lap top and fix it, and I'm sure that there has to be something out here for the Fords.

Last edited:

cb5300

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Well Bushy, on 06-30 you posted that you wanted to help with my problem, and on 07-01 I welcomed any and all help that you could offer, as of this date I haven't heard anything else from you, now after you started throwing toad lables at someone I would have expected that if that person welcomed your help you would jump in there and try. Well, I won't call you a toad, cause I think turd fits you better.....Now you wanted some hard facts, well, in the lastest issue of Diesel Power, on page 77, they dyno the Dodge, Ford, and Duramax, and compared the crank rating to the rear wheel readings, and a stock '06 6.0 cranked out 274.8 hp and 443.6 lb-ft torque., that's a far cry from my 225.95 hp and 349.14 lb-ft torque.

Also, I've seen you throw the toad tag at someone else that was having problems with their Ford, and that they were going to get them a chevy, well the magazine also stated that "the GM Duramax has a clear advantage over the other two engines".

If I'm wrong about you, and you really do want to help, then I'll be the very first to say I'm :sorry , but so far you haven't shown me jack......Good day.

Kleetus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
cb5300 said:
Hi all...I'm new to this forum and hopefully you guys can help me out. I have a '06 F350 dually (Lar) 4.30 gears with tow boss and tow command. Problem I have is that the truck doesn't make the hp ford saids that it's suppose to make. I replaced a '03 with this truck and have been disappointed with the power ever since. Truck has been to dealer four times trying to fix the problem, but it doesn't throw any codes. I had to actually take it and dyno the truck (at my expense) to prove that something was wrong. I dyno 222 RWHP with only 348 RWTQ. This doesn't work very well when towing my 44 ft enclose car trailer. The problem I see is that the truck is running over 18 to 1 A/F ratio (way to lean), and the dealer has been very understanding, but Ford says that it's my problem and they can't/won't do anything about it since there are no codes. Dealer and I both say that all ford needs to do is change the fuel tables and reflash the PCM. However ford factory tech claims that they don't know what an air/fuel ratio is....:eek: I guess what I need to know is, has anyone else had a problem with their 6.0 not making the power that it should. Heard a rumor that ford was having problems with tranny holding up so they dialed down the 6.0 to try and ride things out until the new engine/tranny comes out.

Okay to say that this is getting out of control is an understatement, but would you explain to us where the 225 HP you talking about came from when you stated on your very first post (above) 222 HP? How about 348 tq vs 349 and change? You dyno'd it again I can only assume? I mean WTF, over? :dunno

BTW what Magazine?

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
cb5300 said:
Well Bushy, on 06-30 you posted that you wanted to help with my problem, and on 07-01 I welcomed any and all help that you could offer, as of this date I haven't heard anything else from you, now after you started throwing toad lables at someone I would have expected that if that person welcomed your help you would jump in there and try. Well, I won't call you a toad, cause I think turd fits you better.....Now you wanted some hard facts, well, in the lastest issue of Diesel Power, on page 77, they dyno the Dodge, Ford, and Duramax, and compared the crank rating to the rear wheel readings, and a stock '06 6.0 cranked out 274.8 hp and 443.6 lb-ft torque., that's a far cry from my 225.95 hp and 349.14 lb-ft torque.

Also, I've seen you throw the toad tag at someone else that was having problems with their Ford, and that they were going to get them a chevy, well the magazine also stated that "the GM Duramax has a clear advantage over the other two engines".

If I'm wrong about you, and you really do want to help, then I'll be the very first to say I'm :sorry , but so far you haven't shown me jack......Good day.

1st off the TERM isnt TOAD...or TURD...its TROLL...
And ALL ALONG we (not just ME) have asked you for information
about your problems...

and to be PERFECTLY honest i was waiting to see if YOU came
back and what youre demeanor was...honestly i dont see
that its changed any from your 1st post...but...im willing to put
all that aside...

as a comparison i think youd be getting into questionable territory comparing
one dyno against another...as much as you would EXPECT them to be
the same NO TWO dynos will give you the exact same readings...
complicate that by weather and altitude and youll get different
results.

We dont know the set up of your truck youve not shared that w/ us
YET and i dont know the diesel mag. truck setups either...others
have noticed too that some of these mags are HEAVILY weighted (read
PAID) by BANKS & DODGE...look at the number of articles they do
and pay close attn to the BRAND they use...as well as the number
of adverts (see for yourself if you notice any trends)

Im still curious how your dealer knows its a fuel delivery issue...what
equipment do they have that has TOLD THEM (and you) that the
fuel delivery (you mention the dealer says things need fattening up)
is LESS on your truck than previous years...

Also have you gotten any OTHER same year as well as diff. year
trucks on the SAME dyno on the same day for your comparison ???

Your dealer seems to be supporting you WELL....surely theyd want
to help you (and ford) resolve the issue...why wouldnt they loan you
a "demo" truck for the afternoon (go run it, compare it...hell they dont
even have to know).

as for help...ive asked you for more info...but all you do is throw out
complaints w/out concrete info...many of us have encountered more
bad Ford TECHS than good ones...theyll say just about anything to
keep NON PAYING (warrenty) work out of their shops...its obvious
there are POORLY trained techs out there (if their dealers are training
'em at all would not shock me).

try googling "virginia power stroke clubs"...you might be able to help
yourself some TOO....or you can just complain all day (and get ignored