Nothing yet...

6.0L goat eater

eat'n one dodge at a time
Reaction score
hey max i have a quadzilla race box 160hp adj on the fly for sale that wont void your warrenty i had it on my 04 6.0 and had to take it off on a few occasions for recalls and they never detected it its adjustable from 0 60 120 and 160 hp from inside cab while your driving

mwalls54

Tex
Reaction score
I asked about installing a egt gauge and senser, and he said that if I did, he would not warranty the turbo. He said that most egt sensors are pre-turbo, and a potential for turbo failure.

this is the exact reason i put the sensor in the down pipe after the turbo. its not the ideal location but it works.

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
I have never seen or heard of a pyro tip going through a turbo in all my time on these different diesel sites nor in my time owning and operating turbo diesel engines.

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have never seen or heard of a pyro tip going through a turbo in all my time on these different diesel sites nor in my time owning and operating turbo diesel engines.

I have seen THREE. 1 on a TD-30 dozer, 1 on a D-8 Cat dozer and 1 on a 600 CFM, Worthington Compressor.

Neither here nor their, IMO.

Don't know why but the Pre, or Post Turbo location of a Pyro (Thermocouple) has ALLWAYS created a Congressional "Filibuster".. Like.. Thread.:lmao

Bottom Line is:

WHEREVER it's installed.. Pay Attention to what Temps the EGT gauge is showing, under real time conditions. Set yourself a personal High temp... and back out of the throttle, or shift gears, if you get to it.;tu

Pre or Post ? Niether here nor there.

Last edited:

Maxtor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hey max i have a quadzilla race box 160hp adj on the fly for sale that wont void your warrenty i had it on my 04 6.0 and had to take it off on a few occasions for recalls and they never detected it its adjustable from 0 60 120 and 160 hp from inside cab while your driving

Thanks, but my dealer would void our warranty if I changed tires...
Not really, but almost.

I will keep it stock until the warranty is gone, then I will buy the best power adder out there, and probably go 50 to 60 hp gain to keep the truck from problems.
Thanks anyway...:)

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not calling you a liar, just saying your experiences are different than mine.:cool:

I did'nt imply that you were Mike. At least I did'nt MEAN to imply.. that you were. Just said in short, simple verbage, My experiences are and were, different that Yours.:cool: ;)

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58