Now Is The Time To Buy (If You Can)

F350DRW1

Waylon Fan
Reaction score
I wish I knew, Crumm. My 04 PSD has been a good truck. Sure, I've thrown some $ at it, but its almost at 1/4 million miles and still original motor, rears, etc. My brothers got traded with too many problems. Same year, srw only difference. A good friend was so enamored with my ride that he bought an 05 dually. That too lasted a year before Ford took it back and he got another truck. There really is something to be said for no middle ground on some of these rides.

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wish I knew, Crumm. My 04 PSD has been a good truck. Sure, I've thrown some $ at it, but its almost at 1/4 million miles and still original motor, rears, etc. My brothers got traded with too many problems. Same year, srw only difference. A good friend was so enamored with my ride that he bought an 05 dually. That too lasted a year before Ford took it back and he got another truck. There really is something to be said for no middle ground on some of these rides.

of your brothers truck and the good friends....im wondering...who did their
service ? it seems like folks that do their own service seem to have FEWER
problem....

BJS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I guess my dad ended up with a good F150 supercrew.

since he bought his in '01 and has just hit 100k the only problems he has had were:

Drivers' lumbar support failed
coil pack failure
trim paint coming off driver's arm window control
A/C hose wore through on inner fender (replacement changed length to fix problem)

& those were the only problems other than the service monkey not tightening down the lugnuts and stripping the rear wheels & studs it's only been routine maint.

02SilverStroke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just curious,
If you have a F250/F350 PSD, why would you need the F150? :dunno
A Explorer or Expedition is more "wife friendly", and should get at least as good mileage as a F150. Plus keeps the groceries out of the weather. Until we bought the Focus, the wife loved her Explorer. Now you can't get her out of the Focus, so the Explorer sits, along with the 300ZXT which is "to low for her now".
Max, that's a good question. We had a 2004 Expedition (which she LOVED), but traded on the 2005 Five Hundred when gas started going up in 2005 (when it was around $2.35 a gallon). The 2004-current F150 actually has the same interior (seat-wise) as the Expedition. Our F-150 actually is getting better mileage than our Expedition did because (I believe) of the rear axle, which is a 3.55 as opposed to the Expy's 3.73. I filled it up over the weekend and it got 17 mpg. Not too bad for its first full tank. Also, the F-150 helped up a lot with negative equity on the Five Hundred. We were $14,000 "upside down" so with the $11,000 discount, plus the fact that pickups hold their value much better than cars, I think we came out okay.

02SilverStroke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep they have some great deals on the F150's right now. Our 05' F150 spends more time in the shop than out so we were thinking about trading it off. The Lariat we were looking at was $10,000 less than sticker.
Crumm, the F-150's in Texas have a discount of up to $8100 in addition to the employee pricing. If you check out FordDirect.com - Get A Free Price Quote, Build Your Vehicle, Search Dealer Inventory, View Pricing Details, Compare Trims, See Latest Incentives And Offers, you can search your local dealer's inventory and find out about the rebates. Ours had a $7600 discount which has since been increased by $500.00. This goes through the end of July.

Last edited:

Maxtor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Max, that's a good question. We had a 2004 Expedition (which she LOVED), but traded on the 2005 Five Hundred when gas started going up in 2005 (when it was around $2.35 a gallon). The 2004-current F150 actually has the same interior (seat-wise) as the Expedition. Our F-150 actually is getting better mileage than our Expedition did because (I believe) of the rear axle, which is a 3.55 as opposed to the Expy's 3.73. I filled it up over the weekend and it got 17 mpg. Not too bad for its first full tank. Also, the F-150 helped up a lot with negative equity on the Five Hundred. We were $14,000 "upside down" so with the $11,000 discount, plus the fact that pickups hold their value much better than cars, I think we came out okay.

Ok,, I see how you came to this conclusion. Let us all know how you like it, I hope yours is one of the great ones.

Our strategy was to have one sports car, one PSD, one economy car and one suv. This way, we have every situation covered. We just take whatever vehicle is needed at the time.

BJS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Our strategy was to have one sports car, one PSD, one economy car and one suv. This way, we have every situation covered. We just take whatever vehicle is needed at the time.

I like this strategy.

I've taken and combined the Economy car and sports car or somewhat combined them with my BMW 3-series DD/commuter/fun car. Knock down upper 20's to low 30's on normal driving and it's a blast to drive.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58