October 15th Meet at Redline Raceway with the ODRA and Dyno!

Fire1

Certified Diesel Driver
Reaction score
I spoke to David at DI yesterday! I would loved to have met him. Oh well.

CHPMustang

Reaction score
JohnBoyToo said:
probably try and get there by 5 PM...
save a place for the no bumper crowd :)
Gates open at 6PM but I'd get there about 5:30,the parking situation I dunno about inside:dunno

whatabudro

Launched
Reaction score
for newbies to the track. Get there by 5:45 and pay extra for pit side. Back your rig up to the chainlink fence at half track and enjoy. Budro

AND if you're racing your rig don't wear shorts and sandles like I did last time. You'll have to rent a fire suit. Blue jeans are fine.

Last edited:

whatabudro

Launched
Reaction score
JohnBoyToo said:
ACK.....

running late...
but trying !!!!!!!!!!!!!

not as late as me, gates opened 30 minutes ago. I'm waiting on wife driving back from Tulsa so I can do the 4 year old hand off, pick up beer buddy, and make it there an hour after that. Budro-popcorn -popcorn -popcorn -popcorn

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
whatabudro said:
not as late as me, gates opened 30 minutes ago. I'm waiting on wife driving back from Tulsa so I can do the 4 year old hand off, pick up beer buddy, and make it there an hour after that. Budro-popcorn -popcorn -popcorn -popcorn

Budro, I dont believe I have ever heard it called that before.........:roflmao :roflmao :roflmao

-popcorn

whatabudro

Launched
Reaction score
David Lott (SNOW WHITE) was there. That's one nice rig. I took a look under the hood and was a little suprised. ONE battery (dry cell) and NO intercooler. Nitrous provides the cooling. That thing sounds funny when he starts it too. It sounds like a mini starter on a high compression SBC. I missed his first pass cause I was late. I watched his dyno run that was a failure because they tied the truck down so firm the slicks grew and rubbed the inner fender during the pull. He still layed down a 500+ number after rubbing a 1/4" + deep groove in the left rear slick. A while later he decided to run it down the track again despite the groove in the tire. Don't quote me but I think it was a 7.20 letting out 100' short after blowing a boot off. I felt the groove in the slick after that pass for the first time and it was 1/4" deep after the burnout and pass.

Later an OBS dodge ( Jim Fulmer )srw extended cab made some big numbers on the dyno. He had layed down a 844hp earlier that evening and tried again after he was told that he was close to the record for his body and motor:dunno . I heard he needed to reach 875:dunno . He made a pull at 854 with some axle hop. Two other idiots joined me getting in the bed of truck to help put some weight on the rear. He got a 872 out of it. I don't know if that got him what he wanted but..... I will never forget being in the bed of that truck making that kind of power, and SMOOOOOOOOOOOKE, while it was strapped down on a portable dyno. By the way I already said I was an idiot.

Some dodge buddies of mine I met at the last event were back up here again from south Texas. One of thems dad won the brackets without a buyback in NBS dodge with a hand shaker. He ran his 10.4 dial twice during eliminations. Purdy good shiftin IMO.

Later, Bryan

Last edited:

Fire1

Certified Diesel Driver
Reaction score
Man I wish I could have been there. I was at the Fire Station running a fever feeling like total crap! Sounds like a good time for all, even the "idiots":roflmao . Thanks for the job security Budro!!!:p

whatabudro

Launched
Reaction score
Fire1 said:
Man I wish I could have been there. I was at the Fire Station running a fever feeling like total crap! Sounds like a good time for all, even the "idiots":roflmao . Thanks for the job security Budro!!!:p

there should be some don't try this at home videos of it in the next few days. :thumbs -popcorn -popcorn

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58