off road diesel

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Humm doesnt that violate constitutional rights ? searching w/out probable
cause or warrent ??? A locking fuel cap would put a quick stop to that...

Jimmy T

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A buddy of mine said DOT will stop diesel trucks when they are pulling loads and check here in GA for dye. I never tow and don't do much interstate driving anyway. I just wondered if it caused injector problems. Does anybody have that IH part # for fuel filters? They are dirt cheap there and I lost the part #.

oi8228oi

another 99
Reaction score
OB NJ, land of traffic, stop lights, stop signs, a
Just curious but how many people have been inspected for this and what area do you live in? I live in farm country and would never have to worry but I wouldn't reccomend it for interstate driving.

never stoped here in NJ... dont have to worry bout biyearly inspections with a GVWR over 10k if your a diesel truck in nj... and i know i wouldnt turn myself in if i did a self inspect and found some...:innocent

nafd86

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
we use off road here all the time in our work truck which is a 04 550 with no problems and here the ratings are different for the sulfur here offroad has more which from what i understand is better for the engine and it conditions it more. look at all the tractors back hoes and excavators of all types that run for hours upon hours and years upon years with out problems

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
bushpilot said:
Humm doesnt that violate constitutional rights ? searching w/out probable
cause or warrent ??? A locking fuel cap would put a quick stop to that...

actually i bet you give consent in some obscure part of your vehicle registration process each year
much like your driving license, signing it gives consent to breath test or blood if your out cold
its all part of using the roads.. and such

besides probable cause is pretty much an easy call
but a locking cap would slow em down some :D

DragonSlayer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
JIMMY T, i'll get that number for you tommorrow, i talk to IHC about 15 times a day at work, hold tight, i'll be back around 6:00 pm :thumbs

DragonSlayer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK, here is the fuel filter #1843162C91, my company pays $17.78, that should be about 1/2 the regular counter price. International calls our 6.0 a VT365. hope this helps out:cool:

CBSuperDuty

Got Looney???
Reaction score
Tbar said:
Their favorite place to test is at the auction barn. They don't even ask..........just walk around the parking lot dipping.

Tbar

This is what I have heard too. They target places that farmers are (auctions, fairs, ect). Be careful. Wouldn't home made bio be cheaper with less risk the off road diesel?

W4RLR

High Tech Hillbilly
Reaction score
The Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services checked my tank in a random stop at a weigh station. They put a portable sign a mile from the weigh station on the interstate that said:

ALL TRUCKS
ALL TRAILERS
ALL PICKUP TRUCKS
ALL RENTAL TRUCKS
ALL RENTAL TRAILERS

ENTER WEIGH STATION NEXT RIGHT.

The inspection was part Homeland Security, part safety compliance, and part diesel fuel check. It's only happened once to me since I have owned the truck, but it does happen.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg