oh boy my wifes gonna kill me

F350DRW1

Waylon Fan
Reaction score
GOOD point...i had to cut one of the "hangers" that was welded
to the MBRP...it was too long and would have been bangin' against
the frame....i probably cut a good 2 inches off the one hanger.

The one that winds up under the passenger seat, Bush? Took 1 1/2 off mine too. After the install, natch. Was banging like a hammer on left turns.

kingkevindavid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had to trim an inch or two off of the bar that hangs the cat delete pipe, mine was banging on the frame driving me nuts but everything else lined up okay

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The one that winds up under the passenger seat, Bush? Took 1 1/2 off mine too. After the install, natch. Was banging like a hammer on left turns.

yup...and that thing was some kinda tough to get thru...
i think i ruined two sawsall blades on that mutha'

avaya

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
i am located in the poconos by the deleware water gap. i can see the gap from my porch. im gonna be ordering the cat delete in the morning. i found myself my up excuses to go drivin today. sears then a diferent hardware store. the setup is unbelievable. im just scared of the lifting the head gasket problem now that ive added all the mods. mine is an 03 and i think it may even be 1 of the first 03 off the line with the 6.0. my born on date is feb of 03. my warranty is just up and as i was removing the old downpipe and especially today when adjusting i noticed there was some oil leaking above the exhaust manifold and above the starter. in fact someof the oil has blown a bit onto the starter and wire. this is my first diesel so i am really not sure what the pieces are im lookin at are called . theres always something else to get ready to fix it seems. funny part is the x started out as my wifes. then i decided to trade in my 9l jaguar xj , buy her a honda and take over the x. point being the jag always had a minor issue needing attention and i thought with the x those days were over. i wouldnt trade the x for anything though.

MBRPCrazyford

Eat Some Smoke
Reaction score
OK. The cat delete will suprise you. I think if the Head Gasket was leakin, you'd have coolant not oil, but maybe not. Not sure

6.ho stroker

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
i had issues with the hanger and the trans cross member on my 04 250 but in the end it was well worth it. i did duals with the cat delete and it sounds great! nice low rumble til ya get above 2000 rpms then it really comes to life. wot throttle it sounds like a monster big block rumbling. cat delete is a must!

avaya

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
i rdered the cat delet yesterday morning. ill get time to put it on thursday. i think the exhaust sound with the bigger pipe is great. i was worried it would be to loud but its not even close. and its not my ear doing the judging its the wifes. i

Zookie400

I WANNA GO FAST
Reaction score
i rdered the cat delet yesterday morning. ill get time to put it on thursday. i think the exhaust sound with the bigger pipe is great. i was worried it would be to loud but its not even close. and its not my ear doing the judging its the wifes. i

:bama:thumbs:goodluck:turbo:GRD

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14