Question Oil change?

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
I change my Synthetic Mobil 1 every year or 5k. I normally hit a year before I hit the 5K. If I was using Dino oil I would not go over 6 months without sampling.

Kleetus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks Kleetus.

Next question, for which test do I want to send off for?

Maybe I should just call them.

Just the standard analysis for $22.50 is all I ever get, and they give you a pretty good report with trending. You'll know about dirt, viscosity and such, you can always add other options to a report if you want on a case by case basis.

I've been running Mobil 1 syn the last 3-4 changes, and really like it over the rotella syn. From an idle once the truck is warm, it takes almost a minute for the turbo to quit spinning. Cold performance? Never any malfunctions at subzero, no romps nothing. I even have the "non spec" oil filter that doesn't have the felt on the bottom (personally I think the felt is cheap) and Blackstone hasn't made any distinction between oil changes. So, based on that I'm inclined to believe that with no increase of wear metals, it doesn't make any difference...

Oh and do yourself a favor, spend the money for the sample pump kit... it's a hell of a lot easier than trying to fill that bottle with the stream of oil from under the truck.

Last edited:

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh and do yourself a favor, spend the money for the sample pump kit... it's a hell of a lot easier than trying to fill that bottle with the stream of oil from under the truck.

what the heck is the "sample pump kit" ?

and how hard can it be to fill a bottle after you open
the fomoto oil valve...its not like you dont have to
crawl under the truck to flip the drain valve open or pull a
drain plug anyway...

valve2.jpg

no-red 6 0

Senioritis
Reaction score
i got one, i will try and snap you a pix of it...

and yes, just get the regular test. if you want to spend the extra 10 for a tbn (iirc) which is a test for being able to go extended miles on the oil they will tell you about how long to go before testing again...pretty slick deal...

oh, the little pump kit works pretty good too...

edit: didn't you not buy the fumoto?

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58