Question Oil change?

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
A thin layer of crud at the bottom of the pan that I had to nearly chisel out.
When you install the Fumoto you have to measure the thickness of the pan where the hole is and cut the threads off the Fumoto to the proper length so that it fits flush inside.

NASCAR Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When you install the Fumoto you have to measure the thickness of the pan where the hole is and cut the threads off the Fumoto to the proper length so that it fits flush inside.

ARE YOU KIDDING ME? :dunno

Here are install directions direct from Fumoto:

Installation:

Remove original drain plug and drain oil into acceptable receptacle.

Insert Engine Oil Drain Valve with gasket and tighten. Do not over tighten. (Some oil pans are designed with recessed drain hole which may prevent the valve from being installed properly. If the valve can not be tightened all the way without hitting the oil pan wall, do not install the Drain Valve to your vehicle. Adaptors are available for some models)
Make sure valve is closed and refill crankcase.

Warning:
For users under extreme conditions:
If you are using the Engine Oil Drain Valve on off-road vehicles such as farm tractors and logging equipment under extreme environment (i.e. corn fields, brush areas), it is recommended that a hose clip as shown below be used for extra safety and security. The hose clip, which can be purchased at any hardware stores, will firmly keep the lever in the locked position at all times.

Last edited:

NASCAR Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ummm no I am not kidding. If you cut it to the proper length all the oil will drain out.

Then why doesn't it come that way from the factory? You don't really believe that you are supposed to cut the drain valve do you? :confused:

F350DRW1

Waylon Fan
Reaction score

Yep. Mine was about perfect with a double gasket. Being made of brass you can easily run a die down it, cut some off, and back out the die to restore the threads. Did this with my old V-10.

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
Then why doesn't it come that way from the factory? You don't really believe that you are supposed to cut the drain valve do you? :confused:
I am not really up to arguing with you. You don't like the Fumoto and that is fine, don't use one. I didn't like the way it stuck up in the pan so I modified it. To each his own.

MONSTERPLOW

Cloud Booster 500HP
Reaction score
Besides the goose neck up in the pan , I dont like the idea of a TEFLON fitting against a BRASS fitting .

ANY MECHANIC plumber will say thats-a- no- good . Rodger?

As for chopping the original FUMOTO....what the heck did I buy it for? Thought it was MADE TO FIT.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rhensonsr