Question Oil Consumption

JRJ04

Reaction score
;tu:clap:

On edit ? Did you get an new FPR spring ?

Joe

yes, the new spring came with the kit as well. i put it in. the old spring had definately compressed over time and was shorter in comparison to the new one.

I'm thinking im sticking with your idea...I'll leave it alone. Problem is, everytime i go to hook up my gauge..i introduce air into the system

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yes, the new spring came with the kit as well. i put it in. the old spring had definately compressed over time and was shorter in comparison to the new one.

*Good deal.;tu

Just MAYBE.. you were running to much (unknown to you) pressure ?.. causing the O ring to blow ? By over-compressing the FPR spring ?

I'm thinking im sticking with your idea...I'll leave it alone. Problem is, everytime i go to hook up my gauge..i introduce air into the system

As mentioned earlier.. You might wana reconsider mounting the FP gauge.. in the Cab.. permanently ?

I've found it [Real Handy] to know, at a glance, whats going on with fuel pressure ? (lets you know filter condition too)(if psi drops off.. filters are get'n dirty ?)

Joe

commanderjjones

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't wanna hi-jack the thread, but is the IPR and FPR the same thing or are there separate regulators for the injectors? The reason I ask is my truck has recently started running a little sluggish, especially when cold, and a local mechanic has diagnosed the problem to be the IPR.

Thoughts?:confused:

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't wanna hi-jack the thread, but is the IPR and FPR the same thing or are there separate regulators for the injectors? The reason I ask is my truck has recently started running a little sluggish, especially when cold, and a local mechanic has diagnosed the problem to be the IPR.

Thoughts?:confused:

The Fuel Pressure Regulator (FPR).. mechanically regulates the Initial fuel input pressure. From that point on, it's all electronic... from demand inputs through and via, the PCM. (and beyond me ;))

The IPR is a different, electronic.. component, after the FPR.

Joe

iracemine

black and tan
Reaction score
As mentioned earlier.. You might wana reconsider mounting the FP gauge.. in the Cab.. permanently ?

I've found it [Real Handy] to know, at a glance, whats going on with fuel pressure ? (lets you know filter condition too)(if psi drops off.. filters are get'n dirty ?)

Joe

ah jees. Sounds like I need a new toy! Thanks Joe :rolleyes:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58