Oil Filter Discussion

F350DRW1

Waylon Fan
Reaction score
no doubt...filters are like batteries...only a couple of manufactures
building for everyone <cutting corners here or there to save someone
a nickle or two in mfg cost>.

like you say...when you see 'em next to each other (like in the video)
you can EASILY spot the differences. the fact that anyone charges 30+
bucks for an oil filter (that isnt even encased in a "can" is insane).

even walmart sells the motorcrafts for 1/2 that !

Now, Bush, calm down. Ridge-runner watched someone change oil on a 6.0, so thats that. Change the channel if your not interested. :lmao

TampaDieselFX4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That video might be a sale pitch, but I think everyone can learn something from it. You just have to be smart enough.

BlueRidgeRunner

Ford Parts Guy
Reaction score
That video might be a sale pitch, but I think everyone can learn something from it. You just have to be smart enough.

Thats what I was trying to get across. Personally I don't care where you buy your filters. I would buy OE if I was servicing my truck but to each their own. If the aftermarket filter does not match up perfectly in every way I would not even remotely consider using it.

TampaDieselFX4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm going to re-exam the OEM and the new purolator. I didn't know how the Base bypasses and such worked. so it taught me something, if nothing else other than how the oil flows through and all that stuff in the housing. I did catch one thing that worries me... the inner tube might be restrictive b/c of how much oil the 6.0 flows... I have a pureOne and it has the inner metal cage, makes me worry now. Time to change it anyway.

On a side note, when they were talking about the frame mounted fuel filter... and the Air notch. When you put that thing in, does that notch have to line up with something? or be on the top? b/c I just threw mine in... :dunno

F350DRW1

Waylon Fan
Reaction score
On a side note, when they were talking about the frame mounted fuel filter... and the Air notch. When you put that thing in, does that notch have to line up with something? or be on the top? b/c I just threw mine in... :dunno[/QUOTE]

If you push and turn the lower fuel filter in the housing until it seats, and then install the cap, you know its all the way in. It will stay in there. If it doesn't seat properly you can have issues.

TampaDieselFX4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update on the oil filters. I changed my oil this weekend and went with a regular purolator. it's the SAME thing as the OEM Ford 2016 filter. Purolator and Ford are buying them from the same company. They had the same pleating, felt, height, and even same serial numbering system. IDENTICAL, but $5 cheaper. :sweet

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58