one of my friends is gettin' cocky and wants to pull w/ me

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
I dont think pulling a 16 ft flatbed is going to be any chore for the Chevy, I pulled bigger loads than that with an S-10 and maintained posted speed limits no problemo.

I pulled a 3-horse trailer with my brand new 85' S-15 and burned a hole in a piston while pulling cabbage hill on I-84. :doh: Talk about a pain to try and find someplace to board 3 horses in the middle of the night. Pretty much cut my elk hunting trip short. You must have had one of the few good S-10's ever built. :cool:

strokin'_tatsch, as far as the pulling thing just ignore him but when you walk away be sure to grin just a little.

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
You must have had one of the few good S-10's ever built. :cool:

I towed an 18' boat with it probably 3 times a week and had it hooked to a 21' boat on many occassions also. It was the 4.3L with the 700r4 behind it. My PSD isnt as good of a truck at the Chevy was yet based on a cost to operate per mile, but if I hang onto it for another 6 years and dont have to dump any money into it then it will be tied for first as the best rig I have owned. Power and capabilities the PSD is obviously leaps and bounds above the S-10.

jvencius

Full Access Member
Reaction score
IMO, if you do decide to do a pull contest I'd put the odds as, at best, even with maybe just a hair of favor going to the Chevy. The newer GM gassers run pretty well (I've driven a few at my old job) and vs. an almost-stock OBS PSD, they might even have an advantage, especially if the Chevy is in 4x4 and (maybe) a bit heavier depending on cab style/bed length.

94redbeauty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My roomate drives an 04 cummin(g)s :doh: and I get the same chit day in and day out, there will allways be somebody who will talk chit about your rig no matter what you drive, welcome to the real world just gotta sit back and think up Chevy jokes -popcorn :D

strokin'_tatsch

death row inmate #7
Reaction score
yeah today me and about 20 other kids went muddin' out at a friends place. i just sat back and watched people get stuck and gathered money as i was the only one with a truck that would actually pull a half burried truck out of the mud. that kid got stuck and i wasn't gonna pull him out, but 25 bucks later i got him out no problem after that he no longer wants to pull against me as his truck wouldn't pull anyone out as he don't know how to drive. he gave it all it had and sat there and spun tires. he pretty much has shut up. we'll se how long that lasts. it was hilarious one of his tailpipes bent in a 90 degree angle when i pulled him out. i also pulled one kid's front bumper off as he was stupid and hooked the chain to the bumper instead of somewhere a little more sturdy. ahhhh what fun. i'd say i gather almost 200 bucks after everything was done.

94redbeauty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thats what makes me nervous pulling people out of the ditch at random, I tell them ahead of time (wouldnt do any good anyways) that YOU hook it up and if somthing breaks on your rig its not my fault.

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
I tell them ahead of time (wouldnt do any good anyways) that YOU hook it up and if somthing breaks on your rig its not my fault.

That is the rules of the road when it comes to pulling someone out. I always give the hook to the vehicle owner and tell him to be careful where he places the hook. It is his truck. I have been doing this for 30 years now.

Dave

ryanPSD

Living in Kallynogunforya
Reaction score
Me too. The winch on the front of my truck is great for making a 20 here and there... but as said, tell them that ahead of time, and let them hook it up.

strokin'_tatsch

death row inmate #7
Reaction score
yup. every single person i pulled out hooked up their own truck to the chain and got themselves all muddy instead of me. and only came out with 2 broken vehicles a 2003 chevy and a newer toyota. pulled the little brush gaurd off the toyota. i sure am glad that i DON'T have 4wd or else i probably would have gone through the mud myself. that's the only reason i got a 2wd. to keep myself out of the mud and keep from breaking things. we might go back out there tomorrow being as the "mud hole" is basically a pond and stays really muddy all the time. we'll see how much i gather this time. that kid told me for sure that he absolutely would NOT pull against me. he said "dang, that truck's got balls!" :sly . now he wants to race me and i just sat and told him to just wait a little bit and we'll see. but i will not race him from a stop for sure. we'll see if i can ever get around to some upgrades on my engine then i will spank that little bowtied POS

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14