Out of the Powerstroke Business (a rant)

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It costs less than 2 dollars a DAY (24 hrs) to run a block heater in our trucks. If faster warm up and increased fuel economy is your goal you only have to save about 3 quarts of diesel to save that 2 dollars.

Everything is Relevant. About 60 bucks a month to preheat our trucks, IF we plugged it in Every day. Or, about a half a tank of fuel. We pay at one place, or the other.

On GMA this AM: Some will pay $1600.00 bucks for a name brand, Women's Purse. To me, at $3.XX a gallon, that equals about 450 gallons of # 2 Diesel.

Now'a days, as I'm Topping Off at the pumps ? I try and think about stuff like: What I am paying, per gallon, for Mouth Wash.. Sip, Swish and Spit. Beer.. Swig, Buzz, Pee and sometimes.. Take a Combat Nap. The list goes on. A Reality Check.. Of Sorts.

Nothing will keep me from drive'n my "Big Butt Dually". Nothing.

;tu :) ;) ;tu

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
Everything is Relevant. About 60 bucks a month to preheat our trucks, IF we plugged it in Every day. Or, about a half a tank of fuel. We pay at one place, or the other.

That would be 60/month if you NEVER unplugged it, and yes the 4 hour warm up is plenty so in all honesty you can plug your truck in for between 25 and 40 cents (depending on your killowatt rate in your area) a day, or roughly 15 bux a month.

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
12mpg...is that around town ?

as for the electric bill (remember that block heater is 1100watts)...
put it on a TIMER !

is that around town ?
yes it is

put it on a TIMER !
I have two cords out of the post.. the one nearest the house is
pops on at 3am
I leave the house at 7

if I have to park in the "ditch," it's on all night.
that's where it was Sunday when we got the snowstorm
6" of snow on the roof & in the bed.. not a lick on the hood...

Last edited:

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
OK... first two tanks since the oil change simple average 13.4 mpg

Monday, I'm going to change the driveline fluids (transfer case & both diffs). Should have been done 10,000 miles ago... maybe a fuel filter, too.

I gotta get some drag off this thing's back... heck, I only got six cement blocks and two landscape timbers in the bed..

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
OK... first two tanks since the oil change simple average 13.4 mpg

Monday, I'm going to change the driveline fluids (transfer case & both diffs). Should have been done 10,000 miles ago... maybe a fuel filter, too.

I gotta get some drag off this thing's back... heck, I only got six cement blocks and two landscape timbers in the bed..

and a tow strap

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58