Pics from out first camping trip in the FEMA trailer

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
Oh yes let the mod's began for sure. You will look at the Camping World book and just go nuts, thinking you need one of these and two of those and at least two of these things here.
You don't need all of that junk, just take your time and after 3 or 4 times out you will know more about what your real needs will be.
Your going to be just fine. It's all about the fun of being with family and friends.
Doug

The MAIN things that I can see that I really need, is more cabinet space inside.
1. I think I could buy some prefab uppers at Lowe's and make them work. There are a couple of place inside that we could use some. Upfront in the "master suite" and in the kitchen area.

2. I need some storage outside. Nothing big, just something I can put the water hose and a few other things in.

3. Spare tire and spare tire holder.

4. Some shelving inside, for keys, wallet, and misc. items.

5. Last and probably most important, is one of these in the picture attached. There is no tellin' how many times I had to go pick up the hose and get it to drain. I honestly thought they were more for looks than anything else, but I know better now. We did not have a natural slope for the hose to go down hill and the top of the sewer hook up was about 3 inches above ground.

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
Congrats on the camper Stephen, if you ever get to Upper Michigan give me a shout I am in Iron Mountain. And yes the the equipment list is always expanding/evolving the more you camp. And Joe's right it doesn't get any better, here are some pics from one our 3 outtings this year and Kent should recognize where these were taken.

DSC_0836-1.jpg

DSC_0829.jpg

DSC_0813.jpg

DSC_0948.jpg

Beautiful pics Dave.

trackspeeder

Stone Crusher
Reaction score
Our first trip was a huge success. We had a great 3 days at The Oak Mountain State Park. Setting up the trailer when we got there went very well. Learned a few things during the process and found out that there are a few things I need for the next trip and some improvements that I can make in the trailer. Like the addition of some strategically placed shelving in various areas of the interior.

My wife forgot her camera and would forget to take some. So here is all that I have. Enjoy.

Looks like a good time.:sweet:sweet:sweet

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wish you were close by I would give you two of them things. They cost to much and are not easy to set up. Get yourself a light wt 4 in plastic pipe and cut it in half and get some 1/2 PVC stands for it to lay in, they are easy to make.
Doug

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wish you were close by I would give you two of them things. They cost to much and are not easy to set up. Get yourself a light wt 4 in plastic pipe and cut it in half and get some 1/2 PVC stands for it to lay in, they are easy to make.
Doug

Rain-Go brand PVC rain gutter works well too. Cut'm in half, lengthwise.. they fit (stack) inside each other.. easy to store. :dunno

Joe

W4RLR

High Tech Hillbilly
Reaction score
As a suggestion, go to e-Bay and get some graphics packages for the sides of your trailer. Plain white looks so...plain!

I passed the exit on I-65 for Oak Mountain yesterday and remembered you mentioned it. I'll have to check it out for myself since I can't seem to find any good mountain property for sale in small chunks. :rant

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
Rain-Go brand PVC rain gutter works well too. Cut'm in half, lengthwise.. they fit (stack) inside each other.. easy to store. :dunno

Joe

Joe, just from looking around on the internet, have already seen several "mods" for what you are talking about. May just try it. Thanks.

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
As a suggestion, go to e-Bay and get some graphics packages for the sides of your trailer. Plain white looks so...plain!

I passed the exit on I-65 for Oak Mountain yesterday and remembered you mentioned it. I'll have to check it out for myself since I can't seem to find any good mountain property for sale in small chunks. :rant

Richard, that was one of the very first things I thought off.

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Joe, just from looking around on the internet, have already seen several "mods" for what you are talking about. May just try it. Thanks.

;tu

Yul find, as you go.. ANYTHING "RV" from an "RV" source, has a Big mark up.. MANY things can be achieved with a bit of ingenuity.. Much cheaper, and often times Better.. from Home Depot/Lowes and the like..

Just Post up your wants & needs.. we'll show you the way(s) ?? ;):)

Joe

Here's one, from the git go.. that will make Hook'n up.. easier:

Buy a 50" length of RV water hose.. cut it @ 25, 15 and 10 feet.. put the needed male/female fittings on.

That way, yul have the NEEDED length(s).. instead of having to "Rassel" 50 feet.. every time ? Add what you need :dunno

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Buy a 50" length of RV water hose.. cut it @ 25, 15 and 10 feet.. put the needed male/female fittings on it.
I like that Idea, I have two 25' hoses and there a pain sometimes. :sweet

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14