PIE for XM

CHPMustang

Reaction score
The whine you're getting,does this only occur when the engine is running? If so then you need a Ground Loop Isolator as there would be the possibility of a bad ground.

The Mifi,Roady2 and Skyfi2's have an internal modulator and the signal goes out thru the XM antenna to the vehicles body antenna for the stereo so if it's located closer I can see the audio level or quality increasing,make sure there's no kinks in the XM antenna wire.

fgtex

Full Access Member
Reaction score
satellite radio

Fire1,
The FM Modulator is ok if you do not travel very far in a days time. The farther you drive at a time, the FM Modulator can be a hassle if you have to keep changing the FM station that you are using to broadcast. The Sirius unit that I have will let you pick any FM freq from one of the spectrum to the other. :sweet A co-worker has the XM MyFi2, or somethings like that, I know that it is the walkman like device, and his will only let him choose between like 8 FM freq's. He is going to the Aux input device to eliminate the FM Modulator.

fgtex

Fire1

Certified Diesel Driver
Reaction score
Yeah the MyFi (walkman type) is what I have. I would like to eventually got to the direct Aux input via PIE. The 6 Disc in my truck is from an F150 '01-'03 model. Need to figure out which PIE I need.

CHPMustang

Reaction score
Fire1 said:
Yeah the MyFi (walkman type) is what I have. I would like to eventually got to the direct Aux input via PIE. The 6 Disc in my truck is from an F150 '01-'03 model. Need to figure out which PIE I need.
The F150 to 2003 models will require the FRDF-AUX auxiliary input adapter.

Butch Cassidy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Fire1,

YES, it is worth it. I tried running my XM w/o the PIE, only to get crappy reception from FM stations crowding the airways, especially in the afternoon.

I ordered the PIE, and problem is solved!!:cool:

Hopes this helps,

Butch Cassidy

Fire1

Certified Diesel Driver
Reaction score
Great, thanks man! Mine sounds pretty good except at elevated volume levels. I'll get the PIE at some point.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58