Plant drive kit install

7.3turbodiesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have been thinking about installing my cooliant filter in my cooliant loop . after the fphe on its way back to the motor. anyone have see any problems with doing this? would it restrict the loop too much?

hheynow

Señor Aceite de Soja
Reaction score
The coolant filter is designed to be installed as a bypass. If you plumb it in your coolant loop and the coolant filter gets filled with debris (and it does) you will restrict or cut off the flow to your coolant loop. Not a great idea IMO. Mine is a loop from an out port by the t-stat to the filter mounted above the IDM and returns to the Degas bottle via a brass tee.

7.3turbodiesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanx man. i will just hook it up like that too. My wvo system is working sweet. I may need a new lift pump soon. My truck cranks but doesnt start all the time. After the second try at cranking it usually starts. Still thinking about that dieselsite cpr fuel system.

hheynow

Señor Aceite de Soja
Reaction score
Thanx man.
Better yet click
:sweetThanks
:D

It should always start on the first try especially this time of year. Glow plugs all good? After WAIT TO START light goes out wait another FIVE SECONDS before cranking. This will give the glow plugs another five seconds to heat up but once started the glow plugs will remain on for a bit until the alternator charge needle shows a move to the right. You should get into a habit of complete purges, not flipping to VO too soon on a cold engine and NOT shutting off on VO during winter EVEN FOR A SHORT TIME. You have a good system. Taking care to not coke your injectors by starting up on or running VO cold is up to you. I have over 25K VO miles on my original injectors which are 302K miles old. I wait until the coolant is at 180*F before I flip tanks. Minimum purge is 3 miles on a 55 mph road.

7.3turbodiesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I always switch over when my cooliant is at 180 and purge if i'm gonna be in a store for longer then 15 to 20 minutes. when i purge i go about 5kms or wait about 7 minutes just to be sure. i I may need new glow plugs though I dont know when they were last changed. But this not starting on the first crank has been happening before i installed my wvo kit. It would do it once every month, then once every 2 weeks. Now it seems to do it every other day, some times twice a day.

bbressler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have you checked your glow plug relay? It's a heck of a lot easier to replace that, especially if you've got a stock one...

rickh

Biodiesel Rules!
Reaction score
Running WVO and not knowing when the last time GP's were changed would cause me to recommend you get them changed NOW, before they get to big with build up and you can not get them out of the head.
Rick H...

7.3turbodiesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just put a new stancor monster gpr in around june or july. No problems with that sucker. I will order some new bosch glowplugs tomorrow. I'm hoping they will do the trick. Really it has to the glow plugs or my lift pump. The glow plugs dont seem that hard to change.

bbressler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They aren't really hard. I changed 4 while I was doing my passenger side valve cover harness. Getting the passenger side valve cover off was the hardest part...

7.3turbodiesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well i ordered new gp's but now i not sure if its them. I needed to replace them anyways cause i dont know when they were last replaced. But I drove my truck for about 25 minutes and then i pulled into my driveway and shut it off. Then about 4 minutes later i when to start it and it just cranked but wouldnt take. I waited a little bit then tried again and it started. It should have been warm enough that i really didnt need gp's. what do u guys think? lift pump?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58