Plant drive kit install

7.3turbodiesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Problem solved, loose wire in the gp system was to blame. must have happened when i did the install. I will just save my new gp's and when i get stage one injectors i will swap them out.

Last edited:

7.3turbodiesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yup thanx for all the help. :clap: I have a after thought to pass along. I wouldn't suggest that clear vinyl line I used. It cracks and splits easy if u undo and redo lines when u are purging out air. Works great to show the air though!:D I have found a some what cheaper source for 30r9 hose and plan on redoing 90 percent of the lines.This weekend. Also I only see my wvo gauge read about 140 to 150. I wish I bought better gauges, they will do till i can buy some better ones. Also I plan on beefing up my insulation on my wvo feed line too. I'm still thinking about a circulating block heater to get me up to temp faster. Also i want to get a bunch of those clamps that u just use pliers to take off and on and do away with the hose clamps.

hheynow

Señor Aceite de Soja
Reaction score
Yeah, going with cheapo hose just won't do. There is no need for clear hose to see air. You'll know when you have some. :D You could use standard heater hose for your VO line but J30R9 around the vegtherm. The fix for purging air is getting a 3-way ball valve plumbed in the return. When you have air you just divert the valve while it's running and once it's purged you divert it back. Never a need to unhook anything. I've told you that my VO and coolant lines are fed through cheapo heater hose under the truck for insulation and abrasion resistance. Circulating block heater? You don't have a stock block heater? Don't get those clamps. You have no way to tighten them as they start to leak. Get ABA fuel injection hose clamps as they are far better than the standard worm gear hose clamps.

7.3turbodiesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Found the good hose clamps at napa and I ordered a heater that goes in the lower rad hose. When i get it all installed i will do a performance report.

7.3turbodiesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Everything is working great. Have put on about 5000k. Even a few road trips. It was even below zero. The second heater in the rad hose helps get it up to temp fast so I can switch quicker. Now i need to build a better filtering system for my shop. What kind of setup do u guys run?

bbressler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here's what i do...

I've got two 55 gallon barrels sitting on drum stands. I fill those up, move them to the horizontal position. The 3/4 bung is off of the bottom by quite a bit. I let them sit this way for a long time -- at least several weeks, but most of the time a month or more. After that, I pull the settled WVO from the barrel and run through a 5 micron filter on the way to my 275 tote tank. In the tote tank, I suspended a huge 1 micron sock filter that holds itself in the 6 inch opening of the tote. I let it gravity filter through this.

I pump from the tote, and there's another 5 micron filter on the way to the truck.

I'm looking for a band heater, I think that if you heated the WVO up at the beginning of settling and allowed to cool slowly, I think you'd get better, faster settling.

So far, most of what I've done has had the help of solar power for heating, it's been warm and the barrels are dark so they get pretty warm...

sk8er32283

sk8er32283
Reaction score
Hi guys/gals. I am starting my own plant drive install this weekend. I will take pics and post here. This thread seems to be very informative. Later.

Rodney

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58