Announcement Power Hungry Performance FICM installed

HeavyAssault

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just finished a few test runs with the modded FICM. Initial results show quicker turbo spooling is the biggest gain. I have a SCT tranny tune running with stock PCM tuning. I'll be driving this for some MPG numbers to see if there's any gains.

I did try my Xzilliraider on Stage 1 (60hp)and 2 (120HP) settings with good running results. I'm happy it's working well with the QUAD module since I switch back and forth between the SCT tuning as needed for towing.

I will get the SCT on with the FICM as I get done with each configuration.

This will be a bit of a long term test so don't expect me to post results everyday. Ask any questions, I'll give you what I have read or experienced myself.

no-red 6 0

Senioritis
Reaction score
just let ME know everything..

very interested in this ficm programmer. spoke w/ the owner awhile ago in great length. it was when he was developing it. said it was good for 3-5 mpg -(on an 03 anyway)...and i'd want to get the sct to run in junction w/ it too.

please keep (me) us informed..:D

p.s. the process, did you have to send your ficm to him - as he stated that to me and how long was the 'down' time?

tia

HeavyAssault

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got a second FICM off the boards and sent it in to PHP. R&R is like 30-45 minutes so the down time will be determined by your choice of shipping method. I don't know about 3-5MPG gains but I'll post what I get for MPGs.

I'd suggest: 1) Getting a second FICM if you can't have the truck down waiting, 2) Get Innovative Diesel to do it while you wait, 3) Wait till there's a handheld tuner for the FICM/PCM tuning.

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
I'd suggest: 1) Getting a second FICM if you can't have the truck down waiting, 2) Get Innovative Diesel to do it while you wait, 3) Wait till there's a handheld tuner for the FICM/PCM tuning.

So is Innovative Diesel doing FICM tuning as well?

Have you found any custom tuners that are doing FICM tuning within the tuner itself? Like on an SCT?

HeavyAssault

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, ID is doing the FICM tuning.

I understand it as ID is also working a hand held tuner that will do both the FICM/PCM tuning in one shot.

Right now it's tune the FICM, then get the SCT written for the FICM. Seems as this will be the new way to tune the 6.0s trucks.

MY theory is the new tuning devices you will buy will load both the FICM & PCM. This will allow the tuners to develop tunes based off one tuning stragety versus several OEM stragities.

Drove some more at lunch, and I really like the new FICM. It needs some help since it's not pure HP, so using another device (module/SCT) will bring it all together nicely. Motor responds very well to the pedal, turbo still has lag but goes away quickly as you roll on the fuel. I'm hoping to see some MPG gains, as I have read on other boards. I topped off the tank this morning so I'll know by the time it hits 1/2 what if any improvements I may achieve. I'm thinking I may hit 400 miles at the 1/2 mark which would be a great indicator of MPG gains for my truck. Currently I get to 300-320+ at the 1/2 mark.

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
Thanks again for the info Heavy.

Please keep us 6.0 owners informed as you continue to check things out with your new FICM program.

HeavyAssault

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ID is developing two versions: mild and race. Race is used when running larger turbos and injectors. I have been enjoying the new feel of the truck. Once I get to 1/2 tank we will know the real deal with the tuning.

HeavyAssault

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just an update for those wanting some long term results. I have been very pleased with the PH FICM tuning. There is a positive power gain with excellent turbo response. THis will not eliminate the turbo lag but it does help. I haven't gained the MPG like I was hoping but a small increase (1MPG?) has been noticed. I have found I adverage 16.5 MPG with mixed driving. I would suspect if I have to take a long road trip I could easily squeeze out 600 miles using the 38 gal tank while running the heavy 35" MT ATZ. If I dropped to my stock tires HWY total may reach 700 or better. That is all pure speclation for me but with the driving I do I feel pretty sure I could hit that mark. I have now shifted to using the FICM with the SCT tuning at the same time. I'll post up those results as I continue to drive and the PCM settles in the SCT tune.

Please remember that no two trucks are the same and your results may vary from mine.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14